Recent Topics

Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Double AA Game - Smokies vs Lookouts - Any help?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Joker

Joker

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:@joeyoakes
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:36 AM

So I'm taking the family to Chattanooga for a minivacation right before the 4th and I'd be lying if the fact that the Smokies are in town doesn't play into that. Couple of questions if anyone knows:

1) Which dugout is the visitors?
2) Any recommendations for seat sections?
3) Any hotel or lunch recommendations?

Thanks guys!
The Outfield is Eating Andre Dawson!

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:30 AM

If you're on Twitter, Brandon can help you with this one: https://twitter.com/bhowes34

#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

(And now I see that, duh, you are on Twitter.)

#4 AA Correspondent

AA Correspondent

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:bhowes34
  • LocationRocky Top Tennessee

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

Chattanooga is a pretty cool ballpark. Love the high outfield walls and 35 cent programs. Yep...35 cents. People are nice, and don't really give you any static for rooting for the opposing team. This is the closest ballpark for the Smokies and usually a fairly decent contingent of Smokies fans make the journey (especially for a Friday and Saturday night).

The visitors side is the 3rd base side. There is virtually no shade unless you sit up near the top of the ballpark where there are fans that don't do much of anything as far as circulating the air......so if you are going to a day game....plan accordingly. My advice....get close and enjoy!!

The Smokies LOVE IT when folks travel on the road to see them, and last year when I went to Chattanooga they were very cordial for autographs and even pictures.

Also, if you get it early, there are bleachers down the left field line that almost always have batting practice foul balls under the stands. Easy pickens.

ENJOY!!

$4 Yuengling's are a nice treat too!!

If you plan a trip to Smokies Park....give me a shout and I will give you the 411 on that ballpark as well.

I will be in Chattanooga for the trip later in the month.

Brandon

#5 AA Correspondent

AA Correspondent

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Twitter:bhowes34
  • LocationRocky Top Tennessee

Posted 25 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

I would recommend the Hilton Garden Inn......which is super close to the ballpark and also walking distance to everything else in the downtown area. it is a little pricey, but that is where I am staying next time I go, because I am bringing my kiddos and convenience is a factor.

Last year, we stayed at the team hotel about 5 miles away (by the mall). It was cool to hang with the guys, but it was off the beaten path. They dont stay there anymore (Clarion Inn)....I believe they are staying at the Holiday Inn this year. Last season.....the Applebees was the watering hole of choice for the team....but again, with the new hotel, not exactly sure where they will hang out afterwards....will find out tomorrow.

There are plenty of eateries right near the ballpark.....so you will have no worries.

Brandon

#6 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 25 June 2012 - 04:23 PM

Best part of the minor leagues is the cheap beer and sometimes some really great beer.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#7 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

Best part of the minor leagues is the cheap beer and sometimes some really great beer.

Food too. I'm plotting to make it over to Aberdeen one day this summer. That park is said to have some of the best food of any ballpark in the country... major leagues included.

#8 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 25 June 2012 - 05:11 PM

Well Grand Rapids has the 5/3 Burger

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#9 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:18 PM

Not the Indianapolis Indians. We went there yesterday. $6.50 Coors Lite $3.00 water.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#10 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 25 June 2012 - 07:38 PM

Not the Indianapolis Indians. We went there yesterday. $6.50 Coors Lite $3.00 water.

"Victory"

#11 Joker

Joker

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Twitter:@joeyoakes
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 26 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

Thanks Brandon. I love minor league ball in part due to the prices. For instance, here we are a week out from our trip and I can get second row behind the plate tickets for the wife and our two children for about $30 total. That is a deal that is hard to beat.

The $4 Yuenglings? Sounds like a heck of a reward for having to drag myself through the aquarium with the kids. I can almost taste it now...
The Outfield is Eating Andre Dawson!

#12 willis

willis

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 276 posts
  • Twitter:@deadboltwillie
  • LocationMemphis, TN

Posted 26 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

They do a promo in Memphis on Wednesdays, $10 gets you a field box ticket (pretty good seats) a 16 oz Pabst along with a 16oz PBR coozie. The coozie is the best part. Love Minor league beer promos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).