Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Astros Officially Sign Top Pick Mark Appel for $6.35 Million – Well Below Slot
Today, 12:40 PM
- Around the League: Huge Stories Brewing, Including PED Suspensions and a Monopoly Lawsuit
Today, 11:55 AM
- Chicago Cubs in on Another Cuban Defector, Dalier Hinojosa – Plus an Update on Miguel Alfredo Gonzalez
Today, 10:40 AM
- Chicago Cubs Sign Undrafted Free Agent Josh Davis
Today, 09:30 AM
- Cuban Signee Armando Rivero Set to Make Debut with Kane County This Week
Today, 08:34 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
This is Awkward, but, um, Go Padres!
Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:17 AM
That might be different today.
The Cubs are within a game - in either direction - of FIVE other teams in the standings right now. Draft pick order in baseball is far, far less important than in the NBA or NFL - the difference between picking 5th and picking 6th is virtually non-existent.
But the different between picking 5th and picking 10th could be significant. And that's what is potentially at stake today: the Cubs could end up picking as high as 5th next year, or as low as 10th, depending on how things shake out.
So, today - and only today - I'm a Padres fan. Feel free to crucify me...
Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:33 AM
Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:45 PM
Well Phil now your avatar looks about rightWell, that would certainly explain some of the drool.
Are you sure you aren't having a stroke?
Nope, sorry, can't do it. Tried to type the phrase, and all that came out was "Go PRASDEYGVJHS!"
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).