Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Report: Cubs Will Do “Serious Listening” on Jeff Samardzija Next Week at the Winter Meetings
Today, 03:48 PM
- Lukewarm Stove: Diamondbacks Want an Ace, but Archie Bradley’s Off Limits Even for David Price
Today, 02:08 PM
- Interesting Non-Tenders from Around the League: Bailey, Turner, Wright, Hudson, Belisario, Others
Today, 11:59 AM
- The Daytona Cubs Are Baseball America’s Minor League Team of the Year
Today, 10:38 AM
- Tanaka Update: NPB Willing to Accept Maximum Bid Structure, and Posting Fee Might Not Be Issue for Cubs
Today, 09:10 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cub Fan Dan (42)
Chase Headley anyone?
Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:38 PM
as much as many of us who frequent this board would be fine seeing them suck for a couple years, there are still natives out there who are restless... if we lose 100 this year, next year you have to shoot to be around .500 at least or you will start feeling it in the pocketbook...you will need some decent vets to do that...not Mather-type vets either...
Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:43 PM
Posted 25 June 2012 - 08:49 PM
A lot would depend on how much the Padres are asking for. I would probably do either Brett Jackson or Trey McNutt along with Josh Vitters for Headley (and a spare part or two on each side to balance it), but I have no idea if that sort of a deal would interest the Padres at all.
His number are really hammered by playing half his games in that giant cavern in San Diego. His road OPS is a very healthy .856. If the Cubs could trade for him, I imagine they would push to extend him before his numbers jumped as a result of playing his home games in Wrigley.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).