Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 26 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

Cub fans (yes I am one, I just try to be rational, my advanced age helps with this) tend to overreact...case in point-Anthony Rizzo

Our team is bringing up a very good prospect, not Mike Trout or Bryce Harper good, yet the hype surrounding his arrival is a bit over the top.

So tonight, I am asking the Cubiverse to chill (I am sure he will get a standing ovation when he comes up)...temper your expectations and just hope we have a solid player...

Its OK to be excited, hell we have had nothing to be excited to about in awhile...thats why at this point in Cub history any good news is like dropping some blood into a tank of hungry Great Whites...we swarm!

welcome Mr. Rizzo, let's just hope you are here longer than about 90 percent of the prospects that came before you...

#2 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:03 AM

I'm certain he will get a prolonged standing ovation when he takes his first at bat.

If the Cubs can swing it, I'd love them to have Almora, Underwood, and all their other unsigned draft picks sitting in the owners box when that takes place.

And then get them out of the stadium before the fan start booing Soriano again.

#3 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

I just hope that Cubs fans don't lose patience when he doesn't reproduce his PCL numbers.

#4 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

MOAR - he must hit a 20+ HR, bat .350, have a .900 OPS or else I'm going all clock tower on this team. If he does not meet my expectations:

1) Theo/Jed are idiots because we gave up a 100+ mph pitcher
2) LaHair should start every game and Rizzo needs to be sent back down or traded for a box of balls and
3) We should trade him to Baltimore for Mark Renyolds a guy that can actually hit a HR.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#5 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:32 AM

I just hope that Cubs fans don't lose patience when he doesn't reproduce his PCL numbers.

I look at Rizzo as in a audition period. I do not expect him to duplicate his numbers at AAA.
He has figured out AAA not the majors just yet. He has not seen MLB pitching every day. That said if he hits at .270 and shows streaks of power( Ops maybe 770 + -)for the next 9 weeks I will be ecstatic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).