#1 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

I haven't heard much talk about it, but I have to give Soriano a big "atta boy" for last night's game; heck for the whole season, thus far. He made two great catches (well, for HIM and his knees - maybe routine for a non-hobbled OFer) that when the ball was in the air I was saying to myself, "there's no way he is going to get THAT one!" BOTH times, he thankfully proved me wrong. If he misses either of those catches, I think the W flag would have been warm and cozy indoors last night.

He has taken a lot of abuse from fans (uhh... sorry, not going to harm that dead horse any more), but it is TOTALLY obvious that he is giving it all that he has got left. He's made some truly surprising catches, and his bat has been almost Soriano-like. He has certainly made himself visible and hopefully inviting to those teams in search of a bat as the trade deadline approaches.

Hopefully, the Cubs can get more than just an open roster spot from him... At least one prospect would be awesome, even if the organization must pay most of his remaining contract.

I also wish the best for Soriano, and will miss him even though I've cussed him out many times over the last few years. I'd like to see him get moved to a contending team, just as long as it's not the White Sox, Yankees, or any NL Central team. (heck, I guess I could live with the Yankees, even)

#2 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:01 PM

If, by some miracle, he is still on the roster come April 1 next year I will be upset since I think this is the classic post-35 career year that players always seem to have. Then again, they may do massive mid-CBA changes and allow for DH in NL starting next year.

#3 PRcajun

PRcajun

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationStatesboro, GA

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

after watching the Sports Reporters on ESPN this morning and hear them breakdown what's left of the A-Rod contract (who turns 37 at the end of the month) it made Soriano's situation not sound that bad.

Yankees still hooked for 5 more years.

#4 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:26 AM

You know at this point I wish he'd get the surgery for his legs and then hope he comes back even stronger next year.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).