29 replies to this topic

#1 Crockett

Crockett

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:59 PM

I have a friend who works in the Twins front office. He's not a major player, but is essentially a glorified executive assistant. He has clued me in to various things an hour or three before they became public knowledge a few times over the years. He just texted me saying there is chatter in the office that the Cubs were involved in a "very big trade" that was close to completion.

He speculated it could be the Yankees because of the CC/Pettite news.

I have no verification obviously and this is basically hearsay, just thought I'd throw it on here.

#2 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Crikey, Crokett, don't you know that this is NOT a rumors site? Jeesh.

er, um...

#3 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Hope you have a successful career Garza (but not against us).

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#4 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,083 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

It would have come together awfully fast if it is a Yankees deal, but then, the Yankees suddenly have reason to work awfully fast.

I think I might go look over the Yankees farm system a bit.

#5 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

I have no verification obviously and this is basically hearsay, just thought I'd throw it on here.

Crockett, if nothing happens within two days I will mercilessly mock you and bring this up every time you try to make some sort of point on this site :P

#6 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 08:46 PM

Cashman has been stomping his foot banging his fist on his desk claiming that their pitching woes will handled internally.
Just might happen.

#7 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

Crockett, if nothing happens within two days I will mercilessly mock you and bring this up every time you try to make some sort of point on this site :P

I will join in the mocking.
Posted Image

#8 Crockett

Crockett

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

Haha @ the mocking. That's fine...just remember this isn't my prediction or anything :)

I texted my buddy to see if he has/had heard anything else. He has not.

#9 mrmeyer2144

mrmeyer2144

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSouth Bend

Posted 27 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

Hope your right id let Garza walk at a decent cost for them and Im sure there not hurting for that kinda cost. I mean we are talking about the Yankees right?

#10 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:39 AM

The Twins/Garza connection makes sense for information distribution, at least. Did the chatter not include names or teams, or did your friend just not want to say?

#11 RizzoFanclub

RizzoFanclub

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationLouisville,KY

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:18 AM

What type of return would you guess the cubs would get in return? I'm looking over the Yankees prospects and not too many choices: How about Banuelos or Betances, Tyler Austin, and Adam Warren be too much? not enough? about right?

#12 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:57 AM

What type of return would you guess the cubs would get in return? I'm looking over the Yankees prospects and not too many choices: How about Banuelos or Betances, Tyler Austin, and Adam Warren be too much? not enough? about right?

I fear they will try to push one of their so/so players on us, I guess they could also give up draft picks. I would think a third team would be needed, which might be why the twins are connected to all this...

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#13 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:13 AM

I fear they will try to push one of their so/so players on us, I guess they could also give up draft picks. I would think a third team would be needed, which might be why the twins are connected to all this...

You have to remember that the Yankees 1st round picks aren't the same as the Twins 1st round picks.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#14 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

Crikey, Crokett, don't you know that this is NOT a rumors site? Jeesh. er, um...

YA! Come'on now, this is a dating site.

#15 Dave H

Dave H

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationLombard,IL

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

Could this involve a fleet footed LFer who DHed his way to some worth while trade value?

Could this be the clearing of the bench per see we all hoped would happen?

"We won a game yesterday. If we win one today, that’s two in a row. We win one tomorrow, that’s called a winning streak. It HAS happened before." - Lou Brown

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).