TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,061 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

I've just wanted to use the phrase "Crikey, Crockett" since he joined the MB.

#17 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,646 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

What type of return would you guess the cubs would get in return? I'm looking over the Yankees prospects and not too many choices: How about Banuelos or Betances, Tyler Austin, and Adam Warren be too much? not enough? about right?

I fear they will try to push one of their so/so players on us, I guess they could also give up draft picks. I would think a third team would be needed, which might be why the twins are connected to all this...

You have to remember that the Yankees 1st round picks aren't the same as the Twins 1st round picks.

And you both have to remember that draft picks aren't tradable.*

*with the exception of the small handful of competitive balance lottery picks starting in 2013.

#18 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

What type of return would you guess the cubs would get in return? I'm looking over the Yankees prospects and not too many choices: How about Banuelos or Betances, Tyler Austin, and Adam Warren be too much? not enough? about right?

I fear they will try to push one of their so/so players on us, I guess they could also give up draft picks. I would think a third team would be needed, which might be why the twins are connected to all this...

You have to remember that the Yankees 1st round picks aren't the same as the Twins 1st round picks.

And you both have to remember that draft picks aren't tradable.*

*with the exception of the small handful of competitive balance lottery picks starting in 2013.

DOH!

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#19 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:33 AM

I am sure this will gradually change. By 2020 I predict that the NL will have the DH, all draft picks will be tradeable and the Cubs fans will still be haunted by the image of Soriano "running" around in left field.

#20 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

I am sure this will gradually change. By 2020 I predict that the NL will have the DH, all draft picks will be tradeable and the Cubs fans will still be haunted by the image of Soriano "running" around in left field.

Don't tell me he got an extension.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#21 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,944 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:00 AM

I didn't want to tell you this but in 2015, MLB finds an error in the sale of the Cubs to Ricketts, as such the team reverts to Zell and he re-hires Hendry. Hendry then signs Soriano to a life-time contract.

#22 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

I didn't want to tell you this but in 2015, MLB finds an error in the sale of the Cubs to Ricketts, as such the team reverts to Zell and he re-hires Hendry. Hendry then signs Soriano to a life-time contract.

Posted Image

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#23 Crockett

Crockett

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:42 AM

My friend heard zero details about what other team was involved, but his speculation was the Yankees. The update this morning is that the entire front office is empty as all the execs are on the road during the off day.

#24 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,479 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

That will only be because he will be doing that running while drunk and naked celebrating the Cubs World Series win in a few years.

#25 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

That will only be because he will be doing that running while drunk and naked celebrating the Cubs World Series win in a few years.

Is that a scarry thought. Not the series part but Soriano Naked in the outfield? What a unplesant image.

#26 A_Mazz_Ing

A_Mazz_Ing

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts
  • Twitter:a_mazz_ing

Posted 28 June 2012 - 06:20 PM

My friend heard zero details about what other team was involved, but his speculation was the Yankees. The update this morning is that the entire front office is empty as all the execs are on the road during the off day.

I'm such a sucker for trade rumors... My mind is spinning. The only thing if it is the Yanks that worries me is most of their prospects have taken a big dump this year.

#27 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 29 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

Randy Wells to the Yankees for an autographed poster of Kevin Maas.

#28 ncsujuri

ncsujuri

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Facebook:ncsujuri
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:28 AM

I didn't think you could trade draft picks in MLB?

- It's a great day for a ballgame, LET'S PLAY TWO!

#29 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,371 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:56 AM

I didn't think you could trade draft picks in MLB?

You can't.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#30 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:47 AM

Randy Wells to the Yankees for an autographed poster of Kevin Maas.

I don't think the Yankees would make that trade.
- diehard fanclub member #002

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).