MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:20 PM

Wow this went to 16 pages... I'm so wired right now I'm not sure if I'll get to sleep tonight

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#242 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:21 PM

Crawford sooooo should have made that catch.

#243 Dave

Dave

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 427 posts
  • LocationSpringfield, MO

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:23 PM

Is it Spring Training yet?

#244 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:25 PM

Wow there was three minutes between the Boston loss and the Tampa win. Its got to suck to be a Red Sox fan tonight. I bet they want to pummel something so I'll recruit them for my RedBird Massacre.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#245 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:38 PM

The Rays are CHOOOOOOOOKKKKKKING

I'll never doubt the Rays again

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#246 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:55 PM

Two of the ugliest late season collapses in recent memory were completed. I missed a lot of it, but the end of the night made up for it with some exciting baseball. I really can't believe the Braves fell apart like they did, at least Boston has the excuse of injuries and John Lackey. The Braves pitching completely let them down and it was the strength of the team all year. Now we have to deal with smug Cards fans for a few more weeks. The sad part it that I was actually checking the scores to see how bad the Cubs would finish up this year, and I found myself hoping that KC would actually win.

* For the record, with the expanded playoff plan, these games would have all been meaningless today. In fact, a good portion of the games played in the last week would have been meaningless. Just saying.

#247 EndlessBacklash

EndlessBacklash

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • Twitter:@EndlessBacklash
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:33 AM

Wrote this e-mail to Bill Simmons at Grantland, even though he is probably getting a million "LOL, you suck!" messages right now:

"The Red Sox were like the fun-loving, blue-collar buddy who, while occasionally down on his luck, was a blast to hang with and always had your back. Then he caught a break by meeting, falling in love with and ultimately marrying an absolutely gorgeous woman who happened to come from incredible wealth beyond what he had ever seen. (The 2004 comeback and subsequent World Series title) He moved on to living the big time, complete with VIP treatment, while kind of losing touch with everyone from back in the day. (2007 Title, bandwagon fans joining en masse, ultimately becoming the "Pepsi" to Yankees "Coca-Cola") Then he caught his wife cheating, ended up getting divorced, lost his high-paying job, and got hung out to dry all in the span of one month. (The 2011 collapse)
Even if he had became more annoying, egotistical, and ultimately distant, I wouldn't wish those turn of events on anybody. C'mon, as an old buddy, I'd definitely be there for the guy and buy him a cheap domestic beer."

Genuinely sorry.
Signed,
(A Cubs fan)

#248 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 05:29 AM

Just finished reading this whole thread. Great work all!! Best Game Day thread ever.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#249 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

Wow what an evening. I'm still not sure how to describe or even write about last night, but a few things need to be said about the magic of last night and the fun of this game thread.
  • I LOVE BASEBALL - although it might seem that I was hammered last night I only had 4 beers during the entire night, the real intoxication was the baseball.
  • I really love how these game day threads allow one to be completely reactionary. I re-read the entire transcript and saw how my fandom of baseball really appeared. Specifically my hatred of the Cardinals and how a few beers and great baseball really brings out the sailor in me. I apologize if the profanity and threats against Cardinals offended anyone, but this is MG the fan not MG the intelligent thoughtful BN poster.
  • No Cardinals were harmed last night... although if a Card fan gets in my face today I can't promise anything
  • This is how every season should end!
  • Only in baseball is this possible. I love how baseball is series of suspense and gasp and then a complete fan explosion. Football and Basketball never can match the power of baseball at its best
I hope everyone else enjoyed this thread, it was an epic way to end the year.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#250 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:08 AM

Wow. I can't believe I missed this.

#251 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:12 AM

Yup you suck... Mr. "I need 10 hours of sleep"

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#252 Glenallens One Homer

Glenallens One Homer

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:53 AM

Only in baseball is this possible. I love how baseball is series of suspense and gasp and then a complete fan explosion. Football and Basketball never can match the power of baseball at its best

Couldn't have said it better myself. Just a great illustration of how great it can be at its best, regardless of fan allegiances (well, unless you're a Red Sox or a Braves fan). Also, I quite liked MG the fan, he should show up way more often.

#253 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

Only in baseball is this possible. I love how baseball is series of suspense and gasp and then a complete fan explosion. Football and Basketball never can match the power of baseball at its best

Couldn't have said it better myself. Just a great illustration of how great it can be at its best, regardless of fan allegiances (well, unless you're a Red Sox or a Braves fan). Also, I quite liked MG the fan, he should show up way more often.

He'll always be around for game threads, but that level of reactionary profanity is unfortunately what is found on the majority of other baseball blogs, but yes he is very much alive and the game day threads are a perfect place for him to dance.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

#254 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:19 PM

He'll always be around for game threads, but that level of reactionary profanity is unfortunately what is found on the majority of other baseball blogs, but yes he is very much alive and the game day threads are a perfect place for him to dance.

You said it. I can't wait for the Game Threads next year - I have to keep my cool and type "eloquently" in posts. But damnit, sometimes I just want to drop an f-bomb and tell Carlos Marmol to throw FUCKING STRIKES.

#255 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:20 PM

Yup you suck... Mr. "I need 10 hours of sleep"

For the record, I ended up getting five.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).