#1 Glenallens One Homer

Glenallens One Homer

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 28 September 2011 - 11:59 PM

I have an exam in 7 hours and I still can't bring myself to study since I am just in awe of the great baseball that took place. Yeah it really bites that the Cardinals got in, but credit where credit is due, they played hard enough to deserve it. And I will never, ever tire of watching the Red Sox collapse after the Rays just tore up the end of their game to win a mere three minutes after Boston lost. Tampa Bay had like three of the most dramatic homers I've ever seen, and all in a single game. Just a great, great night that I won't soon forget. Thoughts anyone?

EDIT: Only a total idiot would create a new thread about something that's already being discussed in another thread. Tonight, I have reached great new heights in idiocy. Please disregard this thread and move along.

#2 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 29 September 2011 - 06:32 AM

Nonsense, last night was beyond amazing. I still feel intoxicated from all the excitement, it good to have another thread that isn't 17 pages to discuss last night.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:09 AM

The outcome alone would have been insane. One crazy game would have been nuts. But two crazy outcomes, and three crazy games?

Baseball.

#4 Glenallens One Homer

Glenallens One Homer

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:02 AM

After getting about 2 hours of sleep before my exam this morning, I am just absolutely exhausted by how great last night was. The rollercoaster of "aw man, it looks like the Red Sox are going to win" to "HOLY GOD THE RAYS JUST TIED IT UP" to "BASEBALL IS THE BESSSSSSST" was just awesome. Now to sleep 40 hours.

P.S. There was a question on my biochemistry exam asking what vitamin deficiency caused Rickets. I vaguely remembered someone once commenting to the effect of "I'm going to trap all my kids inside and make them vitamin D deficient so they all get Rickets" after Ricketts fired Hendry. I started laughing out loud and then silently thanking the mystery commenter who helped me get that answer right.

#5 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:05 AM

Bleacher Nation: Helping with college exams since 2011
Please don't feed the psychos.

#6 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:15 AM

After getting about 2 hours of sleep before my exam this morning, I am just absolutely exhausted by how great last night was. The rollercoaster of "aw man, it looks like the Red Sox are going to win" to "HOLY GOD THE RAYS JUST TIED IT UP" to "BASEBALL IS THE BESSSSSSST" was just awesome. Now to sleep 40 hours.

P.S. There was a question on my biochemistry exam asking what vitamin deficiency caused Rickets. I vaguely remembered someone once commenting to the effect of "I'm going to trap all my kids inside and make them vitamin D deficient so they all get Rickets" after Ricketts fired Hendry. I started laughing out loud and then silently thanking the mystery commenter who helped me get that answer right.

I think it was TWC... my ipad auto-correct Ricketts to Rickettsia and i just thought it was too funny but I don't think that was my comment

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#7 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:21 AM

TWC was my guess as well. He's a funny Hippy.

#8 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 29 September 2011 - 08:43 AM

I'll take all the credit but none of the blame.

#9 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:25 PM

Eh hem, the site started in December 2008, and I'm told the inaugural post on the nature of blogging helped some guy pass his Elements of Creative Writing in an Evolving Medium final.

#10 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:32 PM

Eh hem, the site started in December 2008, and I'm told the inaugural post on the nature of blogging helped some guy pass his Elements of Creative Writing in an Evolving Medium final.

Had no idea the tradition started with the very first post. A thousand pardons, Professor.

*Edited for Punctuation Police. :ph34r:

:lol:

#11 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

Had no idea the tradition started with the very first post. A thousand pardons Professor.

There should be a comma after "pardons," young man.

#12 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:37 PM

I think it was TWC... my ipad auto-correct Ricketts to Rickettsia and i just thought it was too funny but I don't think that was my comment

Another funny thing, I also stayed up late involved in the late baseball games and other stuff while avoiding studying for my mid term Human Disease exam. Care to take a guess at what one of the questions on the exam was?

What is the childhood form of osteomalacia(in short,calcium deficient bones)? that's right, it's Ricketts

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).