Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:12 PM

I have to ask,

how do half of the commenters miss the obvious "reply" button right above someone's comment?

I mean, this morning I was skimming the comments (I don't post there as much anymore cause it gets lost in the fray of so many comments most of the time (which is a good thing!)), and there was an entire conversation between like 4 people, and only one guy had the brains to click the reply button. The rest just made a new comment and started it off with the guy's name.

I know this isn't a big deal but, like, damn is it annoying

....yes I am easily annoyed i guess.....

#2 #1lahairfan

#1lahairfan

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

I guess I'm stupid, but I've never really noticed it before.

#3 #1lahairfan

#1lahairfan

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:52 PM

I'll do it from now on.

#4 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:01 PM

I have to ask,

how do half of the commenters miss the obvious "reply" button right above someone's comment?

You know, I'll admit that someone who misses this can kinda screw up the flow of a conversation, and one's sense of linearity can indeed be fractured.

But. *ahem*

Speaking from experience, if you accidentally forget to hit the correct REPLY button, you have no recourse. You can't delete a comment. You can edit it and delete all the words, but that doesn't delete it, it just makes an empty comment. At which point, "whoops", you just screwed up.

But, yeah, it can be kinda frustrating. No doubt.

#5 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

I have to ask,

You know, I'll admit that someone who misses this can kinda screw up the flow of a conversation, and one's sense of linearity can indeed be fractured.

But. *ahem*

Speaking from experience, if you accidentally forget to hit the correct REPLY button, you have no recourse. You can't delete a comment. You can edit it and delete all the words, but that doesn't delete it, it just makes an empty comment. At which point, "whoops", you just screwed up.

Yea it'd be nice if comments could be deleted, for sure. It just seems like its been waaay more prevalent than just mis-clicking lately

#6 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

I have to ask,

But. *ahem*

Yea it'd be nice if comments could be deleted, for sure. It just seems like its been waaay more prevalent than just mis-clicking lately

I don't see a "reply" button.

#7 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:18 AM

I have to ask,

But. *ahem*

I don't see a "reply" button.

On the blog? I think you use it properly, so you must see it...

#8 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

haha I was jesting, because the button says "quote" not "reply". it was a pretty feeble attempt at a joke.

#9 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

haha I was jesting, because the button says "quote" not "reply". it was a pretty feeble attempt at a joke.

Made even worse by the fact that you seem to be talking about the Message Board, while TC was talking about the blog... :)

#10 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

crap.

#11 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

crap.

Spencer = pwned

#12 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:14 PM

crap.

Spencer = pwned

So you survived the crap hole that is IU and Bloomington, huh?

#13 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:30 PM

crap.

Spencer = pwned

He's means the hot awesome women of IU, the awesomeness of Southern Indiana, and what a real campus looks like. Purdue grads are angrily jealous that their campus looks like Ivy Tech compared to IU. Its okay Spenc you're contractually obligated to try and ignore the fact that IU/Bloomington is a far superior campus/city to the barren ugliness of Purdue/West Lafayette, its okay, its okay, its not your fault.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#14 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

crap.

Spencer = pwned

crap.

crap.

Spencer = pwned

He's means the hot awesome women of IU, the awesomeness of Southern Indiana, and what a real campus looks like. Purdue grads are angrily jealous that their campus looks like Ivy Tech compared to IU. Its okay Spenc you're contractually obligated to try and ignore the fact that IU/Bloomington is a far superior campus/city to the barren ugliness of Purdue/West Lafayette, its okay, its okay, its not your fault.

The view, the weather, and the ladies at my campus are much nicer than anything Bloomington or West Lafayette has to offer. Indiana girls are great when you're in Indiana, but Miami is the melting pot of hot sexiness for the world, so I'm getting spoiled here. I'll let you guys go back to arguing which part of Indiana has the nicest looking cornfields and one stop light towns now. B)

Yeah, I have no idea what I did to the quotes there and I'm to drunk to figure it out.

#15 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

Man, you Indiana sports team kids are crazy.

Yeah, I survived B'ton w/ Cubbie Blues, but barely. And I say that only because I was hardly able to keep myself awake. I didn't get in to Chicago that late the night before but I slept terrrrrrribly (on my 93-year-old grandparents' basement floor of all places (it was more dozing than sleeping, really)), woke up at 5AM Chicago time and never got back to sleep. I had the great idea of 'reliving/reviewing my youthful haunts' and WALKED up to the car rental place (which was only a mile away (but at seven thirty in the morning it was already 90 fucking degrees)), and I'm pretty sure I was suffering heatstroke before I even signed for the car. I'm not sure I regained my wits until around noon today. Fucking heat. Fucking fuck fuck. Crazy. At least I got to spend most of this afternoon swimming in a pool and drinking beer.

And, it IS awfully nice to be drinking new beer (or beer I haven't had in years).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).