#16 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

yeah this heat is freakin nuts. supposed to cool off tomorrow for the rest of the week, hopefully.

#17 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 July 2012 - 09:50 PM

Man, you Indiana sports team kids are crazy.

Yeah, I survived B'ton w/ Cubbie Blues, but barely. And I say that only because I was hardly able to keep myself awake. I didn't get in to Chicago that late the night before but I slept terrrrrrribly (on my 93-year-old grandparents' basement floor of all places (it was more dozing than sleeping, really)), woke up at 5AM Chicago time and never got back to sleep. I had the great idea of 'reliving/reviewing my youthful haunts' and WALKED up to the car rental place (which was only a mile away (but at seven thirty in the morning it was already 90 fucking degrees)), and I'm pretty sure I was suffering heatstroke before I even signed for the car. I'm not sure I regained my wits until around noon today. Fucking heat. Fucking fuck fuck. Crazy. At least I got to spend most of this afternoon swimming in a pool and drinking beer.

And, it IS awfully nice to be drinking new beer (or beer I haven't had in years).

I was moving all day, to a third floor apartment, in fucking Miami. There were salt crystals forming on my neck I was sweating so much. Fucking motherfucking heat.

#18 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:41 PM

TWC, what beer did you have with Cubbie Blue? Did he have you try upland? Have you found some Founders while you're in the midwest?

and King Jeff you're right Miami women are better, but Purdue women are just plain frumpy engineers and farmers. IU women are so much better, the beer is so much better, everything is better. Basically Bloomington is to Chicago as W. Lafayette is to Aurora.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#19 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:53 AM

"Basically Bloomington is to Chicago as W. Lafayette is to Aurora."

Wow, that is a pretty harsh burn. I do have to say that I agree with you that Bloomington attracts the hotties, but W.Lafayette attracts the brains.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).