#1 Carew

Carew

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 July 2012 - 01:13 PM

Anybody else getting tired of rumors and want stuff to start happening? I'm gettin antsy.

What trades do you think will actually happen?

#2 daddies3angels

daddies3angels

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Twitter:daddies3angels
  • LocationPeoria IL

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

rumors is the fun part. When trades actually go down your like "ok thats interesting"

All the fun is guessing what kind of deals can go down

#3 Carew

Carew

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:12 PM

rumors is the fun part. When trades actually go down your like "ok thats interesting"

All the fun is guessing what kind of deals can go down

I guess. i just really like to see the transactions. It gets me to look up even more stats on the players we receive...Its all kinda hard to explain

#4 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 08 July 2012 - 05:59 AM

Dempster to the Dodgers...Garza 50/50 to be moved...Reed Johnson to net a A ball reclamation project....Soto, Marmol, Soriano we get stuck with....

I have seen many of these deadlines come and go...lots of talk....little action....

I am hoping I am wrong

#5 Dumpgobbler

Dumpgobbler

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:01 AM

Dempster to the Dodgers...Garza 50/50 to be moved...Reed Johnson to net a A ball reclamation project....Soto, Marmol, Soriano we get stuck with....

I have seen many of these deadlines come and go...lots of talk....little action....

I am hoping I am wrong

Not a bad assumption. I do think we'll see a bunch of action this deadline. This team is horrid, so I doubt Theo and company will stand pat. I think we'll see Garza, Lahair, Dempster, Reed Johnson ,Baker and a few bullpen arms moved. Probably in 3 bundled deals or so.

#6 Cubs Dude

Cubs Dude

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

I would be shocked if Garza isn't traded at this point. I would put it at 95%. From all accounts there hasn't been any recent extension talk, and I think all signs point to him being moved. I do have some concern that he won't net as much as has been discussed the last 6 months though.

#7 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 08 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

my local paper (the Kalamazoo Gazette) is reporting that the Cubs are in discussion with the Tigers about Darwin Barney which makes sense since 2B has been a black hole for them since Polanco left.

they're also linked to Garza so... possible package deal?

#8 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,798 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:05 PM

my local paper (the Kalamazoo Gazette) is reporting that the Cubs are in discussion with the Tigers about Darwin Barney which makes sense since 2B has been a black hole for them since Polanco left.

they're also linked to Garza so... possible package deal?

I've been hearing the same rumors here in Grand Rapids

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#9 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 02:38 AM

They're owned by the same media conglomerate so we probably read the same article word-for-word

#10 Dumpgobbler

Dumpgobbler

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:23 AM

I doubt we move Barney. I think two different values arise form Barney. The cubs probably see him as a GG caliber 2B with the ability to be solid defensively and above average with the bat at SS. Other teams could view him as a super utility type. I could see maybe a Garza and Barney for Turner, Castellanos and Crosby framework deal. I dont know though.

#11 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:05 AM

I'm not getting tired of rumors at all!! The more rumors the better. I'd just like more names mentioned in the rumors to get an idea on the returns att which the Cubs might be looking. The only frustrating thing is quiet... with no rumors or movement. It's too bad that deals cannot be announced during the All Star break (yet another reason to hate on the All Star crap!!).

It's kind'a depressing when as a fan, the biggest thing to look forward to in the immediate future is learning what players we might get in return for some of our best players. I have enjoyed watching Dempster and Garza and others, and find it bittersweet to be excited for who could be on the other end of the deals.

I am thinking that Dempster and Garza are almost certain to be traded. I also have been thinking that Maholm might also be packing (I found it strange that he was sent to the mound yesterday, when other arms were available... could it be another team wanted one more look at him?). I don't think Barney will be moved, but I have a suspicion that LaHair might be gone, if not before the deadline, before next year. Earlier, I thought Soriano would be in a new uniform, but lately I'm thinking that he is going no where.

#12 Mr. Gonzo

Mr. Gonzo

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • LocationAustin, Texas

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

The prospect package involved in the Carlos Lee trade was juicier than most people expected. In this new seller's market, we may exceed tampered expectations... or not. I've got a hunch that Dempster/LaHair are headed to the Dodgers very soon for a Zach Lee/Top 100 prospect. I think Z. Lee is Theo's guy and he seems to get his "guy" most of the time. If this actually happens, won't it be interesting that LaHair will have started (if Votto indeed is injured) an All-Star game at a position he currently doesn't play, for a team his will no longer play for after the break?! That would be pretty cool.
Mr. Gonzo

#13 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 10 July 2012 - 08:00 AM

I'm not getting tired of rumors at all!! The more rumors the better. I'd just like more names mentioned in the rumors to get an idea on the returns att which the Cubs might be looking. The only frustrating thing is quiet... with no rumors or movement. It's too bad that deals cannot be announced during the All Star break (yet another reason to hate on the All Star crap!!).

It's kind'a depressing when as a fan, the biggest thing to look forward to in the immediate future is learning what players we might get in return for some of our best players. I have enjoyed watching Dempster and Garza and others, and find it bittersweet to be excited for who could be on the other end of the deals.

I am thinking that Dempster and Garza are almost certain to be traded. I also have been thinking that Maholm might also be packing (I found it strange that he was sent to the mound yesterday, when other arms were available... could it be another team wanted one more look at him?). I don't think Barney will be moved, but I have a suspicion that LaHair might be gone, if not before the deadline, before next year. Earlier, I thought Soriano would be in a new uniform, but lately I'm thinking that he is going no where.

I think that's very exciting. Granted, I'd rather look forward to October baseball, but if that's not going to happen, this is the next best thing, especially when we actually have things of value other's might want. Garza and Dempster will bring back something nice.Possible Soriano, Marmol, and Soto will bring sometthing of value if our guys are willing to eat enough salary. Baker, Johnson, Corpas, Camp, and Mather each have some degree of value, and could either bring back a PTBNL or be packaged in a bigger trade. By August 1st, or September 1st at the latest, the team will have a very different look. I think we'll be seeing Sappelt, Castillo, and Cabrera for sure. Probably Beliveau. Possible Jackson and Vitters, although especially with Vitters, they migh wait until thevery end of the PCL season. Unfortunately, we have no starting pitching prospects to be excited about, but we could get something big league ready in trade. If not, I guess Raley or Rusin could be mildly interesting wo watch.

#14 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:08 PM

There was a post in the gameday thread about the possibility of the Angels being interested in Soto. With them shopping Bourjois (displaced by Trout) and Morales (they want to rotate their excess of OFs there) I could see them making a Boujois (I am probably butchering his name) for Soto trade straight up. He's an excellent defensive CF though he's never been an offensive force.

#15 Crockett

Crockett

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

There was a post in the gameday thread about the possibility of the Angels being interested in Soto. With them shopping Bourjois (displaced by Trout) and Morales (they want to rotate their excess of OFs there) I could see them making a Boujois (I am probably butchering his name) for Soto trade straight up. He's an excellent defensive CF though he's never been an offensive force.

Not that it necessarily means anything, but Angels GM DiPoto has stated repeatedly he has no interest in moving Bourjos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).