24 replies to this topic

#16 Hector Villanueva

Hector Villanueva

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:07 PM

Soriano for Carl Crawford. Dodgers can slowly move Kemp to LF, Crawford not suitable for CF.

#17 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:07 AM

How about Reddick? With Oakland's addition of Chris Young, there's been speculation that they could try to move him or Cespedes. I really can't imagine Cespedes being moved, but Reddick certainly could. In addition to Reddic, Cespedes, and Young, Oakland has Coco Crisp, Seth Smith, Michael Choice, and Micheal Taylor. Reddick is now quite expendable.

What would it take? A package including Darwin Barney? But what else?

#18 JCubs79

JCubs79

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Twitter:clarkj79
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 23 October 2012 - 09:45 AM

How about Reddick? With Oakland's addition of Chris Young, there's been speculation that they could try to move him or Cespedes. I really can't imagine Cespedes being moved, but Reddick certainly could. In addition to Reddic, Cespedes, and Young, Oakland has Coco Crisp, Seth Smith, Michael Choice, and Micheal Taylor. Reddick is now quite expendable.

I think Seth Smith is more likely and he's expendable though Josh Reddick is also intriguing even though he's a hippie.

#19 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:36 PM

I think Seth Smith is more likely and he's expendable though Josh Reddick is also intriguing even though he's a hippie.

If they're simply trying to unload an outfielder, Smith or Crisp would be the first to go, but if they're more interested in getting the best return possible, Reddick's the one to go.

#20 cubsfan21

cubsfan21

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

Buster Olnet recently wrote an article about the Royals trading one of their homegrown young infielders for some starting pitching. Anyway we could get Moustakas and a young pitching prospect for Garza and an additional throw in? Too much/too little since Garza only has a year left and is coming off an injury?

#21 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:08 PM

I've long seem KC to be a great trade partner for Garza. They really need front end starting litching. There's not much of it available on the FA market, and there will be a lot of competition for what is out there, and I can't see the Royals being able to hang in with the big money teams who are also looking for pitching. However, they certainly have what it takes to trade for front end itching.

In fact, I thought that we should have been dealing with them in July. At the time, there wasn't much on the trade market, and you never know what will be out there in the Winter. Now we have a better idea. Josh Johnson, James Shields, and Mark Buehrle are now some of the names likely to be available.

#22 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:14 PM

The fact that Theo stated that they're in the market for 2 starting pitchers gives me the impression that he's planning on starting the year with Garza as part of the rotation. Even more so now that our stud pitcher, Volstad is no longer with us.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#23 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:18 PM

Moustakas would be an awesome acquisition and him and Rizzo would be one of the best corner IF tandems in the big leagues but I doubt they'd part with him. But man, that would be so bad ass I hope it happens.

Though, from what I've read, Theo/Jed want pitching in return for Garza. But man, I would totally pull the trigger on that deal

#24 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:50 PM

However, they certainly have what it takes to trade for front end itching.

It seems there's already enough dick-scratching going on in Chicago. We don't need any more front end itching.
Posted Image

#25 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:42 PM

http://www.theonion....quisition,3443/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).