Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 99 posts
  • Facebook:ncsujuri
  • LocationVirginia Beach, VA

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

http://insider.espn....es-game-rosters

Only Cubs prospects on the predicted roster are Baez & Soler. Not sure if that means he doesn't think much of Vitters or that he assumes he will be with the big club by then. I'm hoping that through trades there are a couple guys on the list who belong to other teams at the moment that will belong to us by then (Castellanos perhaps or a pitcher or two would be nice).

- It's a great day for a ballgame, LET'S PLAY TWO!

#2 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:33 PM

I wonder what the selection process for the futures game consists of? Do they bring the best performers, or the highest draft picks? I've really never paid much attention to the future's game. Does anyone know how this is done? Do they bring guys from all levels of the minors? If it's based purely off performance, I would think Dustin Geiger would at least warrant a look based on his performance this year. His average has dipped a bit, but he's crushing the ball this year. Yes, I am biased as a Chiefs fan in the Peoria area. I don't really know much about the rest of our farm system.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#3 Cubsin

Cubsin

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts
  • LocationO'Fallon, IL 62269

Posted 16 July 2012 - 02:20 AM

Each MLB team sends either one or two players to the Futures Game. I'm not sure how the players are selected, but I don't think players are allowed to participate in more than one Futures Game, which would make Szczur and Vitters ineligible.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).