3 replies to this topic

#1 Crockett

Crockett

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

So, apparently the Nazi's over at MLBTraderumors really do take their commenting policy to a new fascist level. I got banned last night.

I had two friends read through my posts that I made and the worst one was this:

"Sickels is a joke. Cards had 3 on Law's Top 50 midseason. Two I mentioned plus Martinez. I'm not as high on Martinez, but I still stand by my statement."

Sickels is referencing John Sickels. I emailed the site to get an explanation and they would not give one. "It was your job to police yourselves". I never used foul language or made any personal attacks towards other posters. I'm not pleased with their arbitrary system.

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

Really? That's all that got you booted? That's either an overreaction, or they made an error.

I know places want to work hard to have smart, thoughtful comment sections, but you also have to let folks be themselves a bit.

#3 Crockett

Crockett

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 243 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 11:38 AM

Their commenting policy states: "

Attacks or insults towards other commenters, the post author, journalists, teams, players, or agents."

So, apparently having the opinion that John Sickels isn't very good at his job and commenting on such is enough to get one permanently booted without explanation or anything.

It is not a smart business model, in my opinion.

#4 mlbtraderumors is trash

mlbtraderumors is trash

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 08:04 AM

Their commenting policy states: "

Attacks or insults towards other commenters, the post author, journalists, teams, players, or agents."

So, apparently having the opinion that John Sickels isn't very good at his job and commenting on such is enough to get one permanently booted without explanation or anything.

It is not a smart business model, in my opinion.

that site is a complete joke. disqus allows/allowed you to upvote users comments. i had a very high "liked post" rate but GASP expressed my opinion which wasn't 100% bonafide Grade-A positive with rainbows and unicorns prancing and got banned as well. if you have an opinion, you will be banned. garbage site, garbage owner. i'm gonna go troll for real over there one day just to piss them off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).