I hope they don't draft Appel even if they have a shot
5412 - Today, 01:20 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- This Is It: You’ve Got Three Hours Left to Join the Free BN Fantasy Contest to Win Cash Money, Honey
Today, 02:00 PM
- Cubs Draft Notes: Appel and Gray Still at the Top, Manaea Falling, Youngest Prospects, Draft Details
Today, 12:48 PM
- Miguel Cabrera and Drew Sheppard Are Ridiculous
Today, 11:40 AM
- Kinda Sounds Like Alfonso Soriano is Ready to Accept a Trade
Today, 10:24 AM
- The Cubs Are 10 Games Under .500, and the Numbers Say That’s Pretty Unfair
Today, 09:05 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:04 PM
Starlin Castro(Baez at SS)
Prospest from Garza/Dempster trade(Rendon/Castellanos)
If it is Rendon/Castellanos what happens with everybody else? Can Baez play 2nd? Trade or move Castro to OF when Baez is ready? Can Lake or Vitters play OF?
Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:26 PM
Vitters would be my next choice, followed by Candelario, Lake, and Geiger.
If the Cubs can land Castellanos in a trade (I remain skeptical), he would be presumptive third baseman of the future. Baez would probably go to second.
Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:18 PM
Oh, and Lake has a hose. Maybe the best arm in the minors.
Posted 18 July 2012 - 05:29 PM
Baez could move up quickly to play 3b. Lot of players are getting to the bigs at a very young age. He can move to 3b and be ready from a defensive perspective in a hurry. If he can hit. 250 next year its an improvement over this years 3b.
Remember Corey Patterson and Felix Pie? I'd rather have a scrub at 3B (or Vitters) than rush Baez through the minors.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).