Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Enhanced Box Score: Mets 3, Cubs 2 – May 17, 2013
Yesterday, 03:30 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Mets v. Cubs (1:20 CT) – Lineups, Broadcast Info, etc.
Yesterday, 11:30 AM
- Lukewarm Stove: Price Injured, Tigers Need Pitching, Extension Discussions
Yesterday, 10:26 AM
- Guest Post: The Most Obscure – or Just Random – Cubs Players of All-Time (Part Three)
Yesterday, 09:34 AM
- Series Preview: Mets v. Cubs, May 17 – May 19, 2013
Yesterday, 08:15 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
CUBS MAKE A BLOCKBUSTER TRADE
Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:25 PM
The Cubs official twitter feed reports that they acquired Justin Germano (8-20 4.91 career ERA) for cash considerations. He's on the 40 man roster (Jairo Ascencio (I probably butchered his name) was DFA'd to make room) so it looks like this could be a precursor to another trade.
He was a starter in 2007 and has been pretty effective starting down in the minors this season (2.40 ERA and only 13 walks in 105 innings) so it could be a possibility that they could use him in the rotation to replace one of the starters which means they don't have a whole lot of faith in Wells/Volstad/Coleman/Lopez or he could shore up the bullpen.
Oh yeah and Casey Coleman was scratched from his start so it definitely looks like they're getting ready to pull the trigger on something big.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).