Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 01 October 2011 - 11:43 AM

"With the 3rd pick in the 2000 MLB amateur draft, the Chicago Cubs pick, shortstop Luis Montanez"....

Those would have been the words uttered if the MLB did their drafts back then like the NFL and NBA did. Just 40 picks later the Cubs would take 2B Bobby Hill. I remember the Cubs brass hyping it as though we had our keystone combo for the next fifteen years. All we got were two more big pieces of crype!

LUIS MONTANEZ SS 1ST ROUND 3RD PICK OVERALL

I doubt the plan when we drafted Luis with the 3rd pick overall was that we would get him back eleven years later as a weak hitting outfielder. Of course we had to wait until his 4 year exile to Baltimore was over. This was required due to the McPhail/Hendry Shared Shit Prospect Agreement which was signed when McPhail arrived in Baltimore. The MHSSPA agreement has now expired, and here is hoping that if Hendry lands a new job with an MLB club, a new residence will soon be found for Casey Coleman, Tyler Colvin, and all our other future crypes. In fairness, the rest of the 1st round of the 2000 draft only produced two studs in Chase Utley and Adam Wainwright.

BOBBY HILL 2B 2ND ROUND

Oh Bobby, as soon as you were drafted we heard how you were really a first round talent. Unfortunately you were just another typical 4A Cub propsect. The good news however was that Jim Hendry was able to use some sort of old Jedi Mind Trick on the Pirates and get them to give us Aramis Ramirez for you. The only player of any great significance drafted in later rounds after Bobby was Cliff Lee.(three picks after the Cubs took, ahem, Todd Wellemeyer)

So here is how the team stacks up now:

IF- Ty Griffen, Gary Scott, Hee-Seop Choi, Bobby Hill, Luis Montanez

OF- Brooks Kieschnick, Earl Cunningham, Ryan Harvey, Darren Jackson

P- Herman Segelke, Ben Christenson, Rick James, Mark Pawelek

ick...I may not have the stomach to complete the roster, but I will try.

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,639 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 01 October 2011 - 12:07 PM

LUIS MONTANEZ SS 1ST ROUND 3RD PICK OVERALL

I doubt the plan when we drafted Luis with the 3rd pick overall was that we would get him back eleven years later as a weak hitting outfielder. Of course we had to wait until his 4 year exile to Baltimore was over. This was required due to the McPhail/Hendry Shared Shit Prospect Agreement which was signed when McPhail arrived in Baltimore. The MHSSPA agreement has now expired, and here is hoping that if Hendry lands a new job with an MLB club, a new residence will soon be found for Casey Coleman, Tyler Colvin, and all our other future crypes.

:lol:

#3 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 02:06 AM

I can't believe, but these are actually getting even better as you go. MHSSPA is priceless!
Please don't feed the psychos.

#4 Oswego Chris

Oswego Chris

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 605 posts
  • Twitter:oswegochris23
  • LocationOswego, Illinois

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:12 AM

thank you very much Fishin Phil...I may be exposing myself as "out of touch" but what is your avatar?..it cracks me up every time I see it..

#5 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 09:41 AM

One of Jeff Dunham's puppet characters - "Walter". The epitome of grouchy old men.
Please don't feed the psychos.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).