fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,478 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Remember him? He was awesome like ten years ago for the Brewers even though they really sucked and then his arm fell off?

He hasn't been healthy or effective since about 2008, but the Braves signed him and, after only two starts in the minors (where he had a 5.06 ERA) the Braves called him up to the majors because he was desperate.

Well he made two starts and has pitched 12 scoreless innings with 11Ks 4BBs and 7 hits

That's incredibly impressive considering he only had two subpar minor league starts. He's sure to regress a little bit, but he had filthy stuff. I haven't heard any reports regarding his velocity so I can't say anything about that but his other numbers look solid.

This will be one of the more fascinating storylines to watch to the rest of the season to see if he keeps it up. Even though he played for the Brew Crew it's good to see a guy whose been out of it for years make a comeback. He's only 33 so he could have a couple more years as a mid-rotation guy.

Of course I wouldn't mind him getting slapped around his next start before the deadline so the Braves might pony up for one of our three pitchers

#2 J-Nasty

J-Nasty

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook:jason.paronto
  • LocationWhite River Junction, Vt

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:04 PM

The Braves are the team i was hoping would trade for Garza. They have a lot of young pitching talent in the minors. I hope Sheet's arm falls back off because it will help the trade market.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).