Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Sign Reliever Wesley Wright to One-Year Deal
Yesterday, 08:43 PM
- MLB and NPB Reportedly on the Verge of a “Maximum Bid” Posting System – And the Max is Just $20 Million
Yesterday, 05:36 PM
- Report: Cubs Will Do “Serious Listening” on Jeff Samardzija Next Week at the Winter Meetings
Yesterday, 03:48 PM
- Lukewarm Stove: Diamondbacks Want an Ace, but Archie Bradley’s Off Limits Even for David Price
Yesterday, 02:08 PM
- Interesting Non-Tenders from Around the League: Bailey, Turner, Wright, Hudson, Belisario, Others
Yesterday, 11:59 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Posted 23 July 2012 - 11:32 PM
Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:04 AM
Is he good enough to build around? If both Garza and Demp get trade he'll be our best pitcher, is he good enough to be an ace?
I don't think he is an ace, but the problem with Cubs is that he would have to be. I believe, from what I have seen this year, that he will certainly be a good building block for the staff
Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:33 PM
We also seem to forget that the Cubs have the highest ticket prices in baseball. Casey Coleman, Chris Volstad, and Tony Campana do no sell seats, let alone ridiculously over priced seats.
I'm not saying that they should go back to the Hendry way, but they need to build a club that's at least has a snowball's hope in hell of competing.
Posted 26 July 2012 - 02:57 PM
Somewhere in the past 10 months or so, people seem to have forgotten that while Theo, Jed, et. all seem to be going in a very different direction than the previous regime, the Cubs are still a big market club. Big market ball clubs do not go through 3-5 year stretches of awful teams.
Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:37 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).