Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Wednesday Evening Winter Meetings Update: Samardzija, Choo, Boggs, Tanaka, Kemp, Nationals, Axford
Yesterday, 07:14 PM
- Theo Epstein Speaks: Samardzija, Tanaka, Spending, Syncing, Prospects, More
Yesterday, 06:02 PM
- Rumor: Cubs “Showing Interest” in Righty Starter Roberto Hernandez
Yesterday, 04:42 PM
- Scott Boras and Jed Hoyer Cast Doubt on Big Splashes, Rile Some of You Up (Probably)
Yesterday, 03:43 PM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: City Council Approves the Revised Plan
Yesterday, 02:41 PM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs v. Pirates - July 25, 2012 (TV: WGN)
Posted 25 July 2012 - 10:25 AM
Trying to think what possible good can come from Dempy starting today?
I've been hoping against logic that an anouncement would be made saying that Dempster is being scratched from the lineup today, to be followed shortly thereafter that the Dempster - Delgado deal has been inked. There ARE over five minutes until game time, though...
Damn, my rose colored glasses just broke unfortunately.
Oh yeah, in answer to your question...
I think more bad - MUCH more bad - can from from a Dempster start. IF he has an absolutely terrific start, MAYBE his value goes up, but I don't think that makes a difference without any leverage behind it. The Dodgers aren't going to suddently say, "Okay, we give up... we'll throw in Lee"... On the other hand, it's a hot day... he's been stressed out over the last few days... an injury is definitely a possibility. (wearing a Cubs uniform, it's an almost certainty)
Edited by BlueHorizons, 25 July 2012 - 10:28 AM.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).