#1 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:17 AM

I figured that we could just compile a list of the needs of various contenders. Some are those that have been mentioned in articles be they Twitter, MLBTR, or various writers. Some are just obvious holes:

Orioles: Said to be looking for "hitters that can get on base" and middling starters: mentioned Colon & Liriano by name. Not sure what they consider hitters than can get on base, but anything from DeJeus or Soriano to Baker or Johnson could appeal to them. As for pitching, Maholm should be more attractice than either of those two.

Yankees: 3rd baseman to fill in for A Rod. Want Luis Valbuena? Blake DeWitt? No? didn't think so. Well, we tried. They could still be dark horses for starting pitching though

Angels: Would like to add a late inning reliever. Marmol's doing well lately. Has an extra year of team control. Like our other guys, if we pick up most of the tab, including the 9.8 mil do next year, we should be able to make something happen. If not, Sean Camp could appeal to them for a lottery ticket.

Athletics: this years surprise contender. So many young pitchers and beautiful, beautiful pitching prospects: Parker, Bradley, Milone, Cole, Straily, Peacock, Griffith. Too bad we don't have anything to pry any of them away. Still, they could use help all over the infield, and probably catcher. Soto, Barney, and Baker could all be of interest to them.

Rangers: Starting pitching. Right handed OF. Soriano would be great for them. He's been there before, and having his best season in 3 years. Assuming that the Cubs are willing to eat a good 90-95% of his salary, somebody WILL take him. Why not be a team with a great farm system? As for pitching If they don't want to pony up for JJ or Lee, maybe dempster would appeal. He did say he'd consider trades to any team.

White Sox: Lots of things. Starting pitching. Veteran relief pitching. Bench bats. Their luck to hold out. Dempster, Maholm, Marmol, Camp, Baker, and Johnson could all be of use to them. And Kenny William's has never been shy about overpaying for rentals.

Tigers: They've already expressed interest in a Reed Johnson type. That's about it.

Cardinals: I'd love to deal with them, hate them or not. They';re looking for a starting pitcher and back end reliever. The have a great farm system, and could be the best match for us. With Dempsters preferences to stayhere or go to LA, I wonder if he's consider St. Louis close enough to home.

Pirates: They want a bat. Soriano's a possiility, but I havn't heard them connected to him. Then again, they keep saying that a few teams are interested, but we havn't heard which.

Reds: Dunno.

Braves: Starting pitcher. Dempster is still a possibility. They've supposedly taken Delgado of the table, but with Greinke off the market, we get some leverage back. Perhaps Minor could be an option?

Dodgers: They want Garza more then Dempster. Not sure if that still holds. Still, I'm sure that there's enough evidence out there to prove whether or not Garza's arm ijury is serious. Also been connected to rumors in regards to Soriano and LaHair.

I'm sure many teams would be interested in Camp, Johnson, or Baker as throw ins or for a PTBNL.

#2 J-Nasty

J-Nasty

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook:jason.paronto
  • LocationWhite River Junction, Vt

Posted 28 July 2012 - 12:23 PM

Haven't heard anything about the Orioles and Moholm, but that could be an interesting match. I don't think they would give much for him, so I would like to see us keep him for next season.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).