J-Nasty

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook:jason.paronto
  • LocationWhite River Junction, Vt

Posted 28 July 2012 - 02:10 PM

Garza will not make another start before the trade deadline. He will be throwing a bullpen session on Monday. Would the Cubs make this session open to scouts to try to prove he is healthy? Would a good bullpen session be enough to ensure a team that his arm is okay?

I would like to see the Cubs get haul for Garza. If this injury is making teams hesitant to trade top talent I would prefer they hold on to him.

#2 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

I don't think he would clear waivers and I don't think anybody will deal for him just based on a bullpen session, so I doubt he'd be dealt until the offseason

#3 J-Nasty

J-Nasty

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:08 PM

I'm 100% sure he won't clear waivers. The FO is trying to sell the "clean MRI". I agree teams feel its too big of a risk to deal for him now. I won't be upset to see him stick around.

#4 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:53 AM

At this point, we should DL him and try again in the winter. The reason being that he's lost much of his luster, and other options are showing up. However, the free agent market which was once thought to feature Cain, Hamels, and Greinke, who could very well extend with the Angels is now highlighted by McCarthy, Sanchez, Marcum, Jackson, and Peavy. All of them are good options, but with the bigger names off the market will get that much more expensive, leaving teams considering other options via trade.

#5 SlamminSammy

SlamminSammy

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

At this point, we should DL him and try again in the winter. The reason being that he's lost much of his luster, and other options are showing up. However, the free agent market which was once thought to feature Cain, Hamels, and Greinke, who could very well extend with the Angels is now highlighted by McCarthy, Sanchez, Marcum, Jackson, and Peavy. All of them are good options, but with the bigger names off the market will get that much more expensive, leaving teams considering other options via trade.

I wouldnt be so quick to pencil greinke into an extension. Angels already have a very bloated payroll which is going to be more inflated every year as their backloaded contracts start to cost them. No matter what your team looks like, there are only so many players you want to be locked into for >5 years

#6 J-Nasty

J-Nasty

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Most every time analyst talk about the Grienke trade they refer to it as a 2 month rental. I don't think he will extend. I still do agree that Garza would be in high demand this winter. Teams are always looking for pitchers like him in the offseason.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).