Selling any non-Yankee and non-Cardinals game for Face Value
NorthSideIrish - Today, 10:03 AM
Steamers likes Cubs pitching prospects better than hitters this year
udbrky - Mar 04 2014 12:06 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Pre-Gamin’: Cubs v. Angels, Indians v. Cubs (2:05 CT) – Lineups, Broadcast Info, etc.
Today, 12:47 PM
- Were the Cubs Terrible at Defensive Shifts Last Year?
Today, 11:28 AM
- Prospect Notes: Olt, Soler, Geiger, Rosters
Today, 10:05 AM
- Cubs Single Game Tickets Go On Sale Today at 10am CT
Today, 09:45 AM
- Everybody Loves Baez and Other Bullets
Today, 08:46 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Post your dream scenerio for the next 2 days.
Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:31 AM
1. DL Garza. Try again in the winter.
2. Ryan Dempster and Reed Johnson to Atlanta for Randall Delgado
3. Carlos Marmol and Jeff Baker to Oakland for 3 prospects, including Michael Taylor. Definitely a Theo type reclamation prospect.
4. The Big One: Alfonso Soriano, Darwin Barney, Geo Soto, Sean Camp and Cubs pick up 95% of Sori' salary to Tampa for James Shields, Jeff Neimann, Tim Beckham. Perhaps a few prospects from each side are involved. Not as crazy as it sounds. Shields has a 9 MM teamoption for 2013 and 12 mil for '14. Rays are always frugal, and have no shortage of young pitching. Said to want a big league SS and/or C for him. Barney has a 4.1 WAR. Friedman's the type of GM who values that type of thing. Soriano adds an inexpensive (for them, anyway) OF bat, which could eventually be moved to DH. Camp's a throw in, but contenders are always in the market for veteran middle relievers.
5. Oh, and LaHair to Dodgers for a PTBNL. Or not. Who cares.
Shields, Delgado, and Taylor go straight to the big leagues. Niemann's in the DL. Vitters, Cardenas, Jackson, Sappelt, Castillo, Dolis, and Cabrera are called up to fill additional holes. I know Jackson's iffy, but I think he'll just always be one of those guys that K a lot like Chris Young and what's his face with the Reds. I doubt that the extra 2 months in AAA will magically remedy that, and exposing him to big league pitching is likely more valuable.
Our new roster looks like:
SP: Wood (for now, anyway. Could lose his spot when Garza activated, depending on how big league ready Delgado looks)
IF: someone from Iowa. (do away with Mather somehow)
I like it. The problem is that while each of the transactions seem possible on their own, it seems like far too much to get done in what is now a 24 hour period. However, in most trades, they've been working on them for a little while before becoming official.
Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:43 PM
Wainwright is involved in some weird, freak accident and is lost for the season (again). Not that this has ever stopped them before, but now they really think they need Dempster right now. Dempster admits to hating the Cubs and wanting to be on the "right side" of the rivalry. cards give Cubs Shelby Miller and Kolten Wong for Dempster and Barney...
Plus, the cards throw in Rosenthal just because they're pissed at him now.
Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:51 PM
Also, why dont offer some prospects (to sweeten up some potential deals) at positions where there is either a multitude of other prospects (Outfield) or or where we already have a long term solution (1B, SS)
Examples: Brett Jackson/Alberto Almora/Jorge Soler/Matt Szczu0,r Dan Vogelbach, Junior Lake, and though we have no long-term guy at 3B we could throw in Josh Vitters.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).