Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Post your dream scenerio for the next 2 days.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:31 AM

Try to stay quasi-realistic. IE no Darwin Barney for Dylan Bundy. Here's mine:

1. DL Garza. Try again in the winter.
2. Ryan Dempster and Reed Johnson to Atlanta for Randall Delgado
3. Carlos Marmol and Jeff Baker to Oakland for 3 prospects, including Michael Taylor. Definitely a Theo type reclamation prospect.
4. The Big One: Alfonso Soriano, Darwin Barney, Geo Soto, Sean Camp and Cubs pick up 95% of Sori' salary to Tampa for James Shields, Jeff Neimann, Tim Beckham. Perhaps a few prospects from each side are involved. Not as crazy as it sounds. Shields has a 9 MM teamoption for 2013 and 12 mil for '14. Rays are always frugal, and have no shortage of young pitching. Said to want a big league SS and/or C for him. Barney has a 4.1 WAR. Friedman's the type of GM who values that type of thing. Soriano adds an inexpensive (for them, anyway) OF bat, which could eventually be moved to DH. Camp's a throw in, but contenders are always in the market for veteran middle relievers.
5. Oh, and LaHair to Dodgers for a PTBNL. Or not. Who cares.

Shields, Delgado, and Taylor go straight to the big leagues. Niemann's in the DL. Vitters, Cardenas, Jackson, Sappelt, Castillo, Dolis, and Cabrera are called up to fill additional holes. I know Jackson's iffy, but I think he'll just always be one of those guys that K a lot like Chris Young and what's his face with the Reds. I doubt that the extra 2 months in AAA will magically remedy that, and exposing him to big league pitching is likely more valuable.

Our new roster looks like:

1B: Rizzo
2B: Cardenas
SS: Castro
3B: Vitters
LF: Taylor
CF: Jackson
RF: DeJesus
C: Castillo
SP: Samardzjia
SP: Shields
SP: Delgado
SP: Maholm
SP: Wood (for now, anyway. Could lose his spot when Garza activated, depending on how big league ready Delgado looks)
BP: Russell
BP: Corpas
BP: Germano
BP: Beliveau
BP: Dolis
BP: Cabrera
BP: Maine
C Clevenger
IF Valbuena
IF: someone from Iowa. (do away with Mather somehow)
OF: Sappelt
OF: Campana

I like it. The problem is that while each of the transactions seem possible on their own, it seems like far too much to get done in what is now a 24 hour period. However, in most trades, they've been working on them for a little while before becoming official.

#2 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

I would rather see something simpler, such as:

Wainwright is involved in some weird, freak accident and is lost for the season (again). Not that this has ever stopped them before, but now they really think they need Dempster right now. Dempster admits to hating the Cubs and wanting to be on the "right side" of the rivalry. cards give Cubs Shelby Miller and Kolten Wong for Dempster and Barney...

Plus, the cards throw in Rosenthal just because they're pissed at him now.

#3 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

I like the sound of your Johnson/Demp deal with the Braves.

Side note: Remember when the Braves were hard up for an OF last year, and they almost went after Byrd, but got Bourn instead? Haha, wow.

#4 J-Nasty

J-Nasty

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 47 posts
  • Facebook:jason.paronto
  • LocationWhite River Junction, Vt

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

I think "the big one" you mention with tampa could be a bit of a pipe dream. If it happens i will drop to a knee and Tebow.

#5 PRcajun

PRcajun

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 217 posts
  • LocationStatesboro, GA

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:07 PM

Dempster/LaHair/Vitters to WASH for A.Rendon (3B)/S.Leon © and/or A. Meyer(P)

#6 bmillz

bmillz

I'm New

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Twitter:@realbmillz

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:51 PM

Seems unrealistic but what if we pulled off Demp&Garza to baltimore for Bundy? Each side throws in some prospects here and there and it could work.

Also, why dont offer some prospects (to sweeten up some potential deals) at positions where there is either a multitude of other prospects (Outfield) or or where we already have a long term solution (1B, SS)
Examples: Brett Jackson/Alberto Almora/Jorge Soler/Matt Szczu0,r Dan Vogelbach, Junior Lake, and though we have no long-term guy at 3B we could throw in Josh Vitters.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).