Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Why Masahiro Tanaka Will Very Likely Be Posted Despite the Posting System Changes
Yesterday, 03:29 PM
- Another Rumored Bullpen Target for the Cubs: Joba Chamberlain
Yesterday, 01:24 PM
- Signing Day: McLouth, Feldman, Napoli, Johnson, and the Big Boys
Yesterday, 10:31 AM
- Yankees Keep on Spending: Agree to Terms with Carlos Beltran
Yesterday, 08:58 AM
- Tim McCarver to St. Louis? Yes, Please and Other Bullets
Yesterday, 08:15 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Pirates v. Cubs - July 30, 2012 (TV: CSN)
Posted 30 July 2012 - 08:27 PM
Reed Johnson was pulled from Monday's game and exchanged hugs and handshakes with teammates in the dugouts.
Media reports all agree that a trade has been consummated, though a destination and compensation has not yet been revealed. Cubs czar Theo Epstein did well to get whatever he could in this circumstance. Johnson, 35, has hit .307/.361/.452 this year. That slash line would be shocking except for the fact that he posted equal numbers last year. Johnson didn't figure into long-term plans for the Cubs and needed to be moved for future pieces.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).