#1 Ivy Walls

Ivy Walls

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:39 AM

May 25th, Cubs lost to the surging Pirates and fell to 15-30 (having lost twice as many games as they won), since then they are 28-28, over last ten 5-5, last twenty 12-8, July 15-9, last thirty19-11, last forty 23-17, last fifty 26-24. On June 24th they bottomed out at 24-48 (now 43-58),

June they were 10-16 (.380), May 10-17 (.370), April 8-15 (.347 ) on top of July's 15-9 (.625). there is improvement each month.
"What does a mama bear on the pill have in common with the World Series? No cubs."~Harry Carey

#2 SlamminSammy

SlamminSammy

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

I've actually reallly liked how weve looked these last 56 games. Too bad there should be a decline after todays trades unless were looking for the #1 pick

#3 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 09:05 AM

Now lay a graph over this data set of how Marmol pitched (just BB rate would do it) in each month...
Is it just me or did that man walk away AT LEAST five late inning leads in April, May and early June?

And Sveum just kept rolling him out there. What the heck was that??

#4 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:04 AM

Well after today lets hope that we will be so depleted of talent (buy Garza, Soriano, Dempster... PLEASE) that we cannot continue this success instead we can watch enjoy the development of some young players and look forward to the rebuild that will result in a good 2014 and beyond.

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#5 #1lahairfan

#1lahairfan

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 608 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

bye bye dumpster

#6 BlueHorizons

BlueHorizons

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 360 posts
  • LocationMishawaka, Indiana

Posted 01 August 2012 - 08:02 AM

Now lay a graph over this data set of how Marmol pitched (just BB rate would do it) in each month...
Is it just me or did that man walk away AT LEAST five late inning leads in April, May and early June?

And Sveum just kept rolling him out there. What the heck was that??

Absolutely right... it seems like it was more than five games that Marmol magically turned what should have been Ws into Ls. And yes, the fact that Sveum kept sending Marmol onto the mound made NO sense, even now in hindsight. Yeah... some people say he didn't have any other alternatives, but I disagree... ANYone would have been an improvement over Mr BBs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).