Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

Photo

Pirates v. Cubs - July 31, 2012 (TV: WGN)

• Please log in to reply
76 replies to this topic

#46 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:40 PM

"It was actually funny," Cubs general manager Jed Hoyer said. "At one point he was in my office literally. I was like, 'Let's find a different office.' It was going to be a little bit awkward if he's sitting on the couch watching my TV while I take phone calls, but I sort of found him an office that was open. As long as it had a TV, he was good to go."

From ESPN's Jon Greenberg.

About Dempster today.

#47 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:53 PM

Hate say it, but this is a very boring game. It has no life; no tension that pits one side against the other to scream at the tv.

#48 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

AJ is the center of attention tonight. He controls the night. ..................so far, that is.

#49 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

Hate say it, but this is a very boring game. It has no life; no tension that pits one side against the other to scream at the tv.

That and everyone is exhausted from following the trade deadline. I'm tired from that and packing for our move tommorow.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#50 Picklenose

Picklenose

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Twitter:@Picklenose1

agreed

#51 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Long long way to go but there is a no hitter going against us. Good pitching? Just shitty hitting?

#52 Picklenose

Picklenose

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 100 posts
  • Twitter:@Picklenose1

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

That and everyone is exhausted from following the trade deadline. I'm tired from that and packing for our move tommorow.

I hope the move is easy and the new digs are nice

#53 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:57 PM

AJ is the center of attention tonight. He controls the night. ..................so far, that is.

At least I traded for him last week. This is his first start for me.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#54 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:58 PM

Thought MLB outlawed chew.

#55 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

I hope the move is easy and the new digs are nice

We have movers so that part won't be bad. We needed to get a bigger place. Been cramped for the last couple of years. Finally sold our house in another city.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#56 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:00 PM

A DeJusus steal incites a spark that dies as fast as it happened; Castro flies out to end the would-be-Cubs-revolt. C'est le vie.

#57 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:01 PM

Nobody told Sveum. He always has just a little in where you can't really see it.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#58 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

Maine has got to watch it here.....shit......just as I was typing McCutchen doubes. SHit.

#59 rcleven

rcleven

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,069 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

Nobody told Sveum. He always has just a little in where you can't really see it.

Big bulge in Burnetts left cheek, And it is not pink chew.

#60 cubmig

cubmig

Bleacher Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,275 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

With the trades going down, every Cub player has to be a bit nervous about how they're performing. This is in some sense "audition time". Play as best you can. The eyes of the boss are upon you!------that is if you want to stay.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).