Looking to split bleacher seats for Combo plan or Full Season
pitching101 - Today, 09:04 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Lukewarm Stove: Samardzija, Granderson, Price, Tanaka, Saltalamacchia, More
Today, 01:36 PM
- No Edward Mujica for the Cubs: Signs Two-Year Deal with Red Sox
Today, 11:05 AM
- Latest on Tanaka and the Posting System: Deal Coming Today? Cubs Still Heavily Involved?
Today, 10:22 AM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: License Committee Signs Off on Tweaks, Plaza Booze Delayed
Today, 09:55 AM
- Theo Epstein Speaks: Tanaka, Samardzija, Rebuilding Timeline, TV Deal, Organizational Health, More
Today, 08:49 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Theo Epstein Makes Bad Starting Pitching Choices?
Posted 04 October 2011 - 11:52 AM
MLBTradeRumors went through Boston's rotation during the Epstein years with some interesting results (h/t to Toosh).
In only three of his seasons (out of eight) did the Red Sox have an "above average" rotation. Given the Sox's spending habits, that's not very good.
It still doesn't scare me enough to not want Theo, but it's interesting. Thoughts?
Posted 04 October 2011 - 12:18 PM
I know most of us see the two WS rings and say YES THEO IS MY MAN, but it's a smart move for Ricketts to look for red flags just because he won two WS.
Posted 04 October 2011 - 01:59 PM
Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:37 PM
give me Theo or Friedman and I am a happy man...
Posted 05 October 2011 - 07:19 PM
Posted 06 October 2011 - 07:50 AM
I thought that the Lackey signing was solid except for the number of years. Pitching overall is a crap shoot, it should always be buyer beware. We could probably go through almost every team and come up with 3-5 guys that were overpaid for thier time and didn't pan out.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).