Selling any non-Yankee and non-Cardinals game for Face Value
NorthSideIrish - Mar 07 2014 10:03 AM
Steamers likes Cubs pitching prospects better than hitters this year
udbrky - Mar 04 2014 12:06 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Lukewarm Stove: Ryan Kalish Making Nate Schierholtz Expendable?
Today, 06:06 PM
- Spring Training Miscellany: Cubs 3, Giants 2 – March 10, 2014
Today, 05:00 PM
- Pre-Gamin’: Cubs v. Giants (3:05 CT) – Lineup, Broadcast Info, etc.
Today, 12:35 PM
- Lukewarm Stove: Injury Shake-Up, Samardzija, Santana, Diaz, Carpenter, Headley (UPDATE)
Today, 10:59 AM
- Could the Cubs’ TV Deal Look More Like the Dodgers’ Deal Than the Phillies?
Today, 09:30 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
B. Jax vs. Drew Stubbs
Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:55 PM
To what D. Stubbs did in ~400 Minor League ABs: http://www.baseball-...id=stubbs001and
Their minor league slashes show Stubbs (.268/.363./399) was just a little behind Jackson's pace (.282/.369/.488).
You could say the difference is power (Stubbs 28 HR, Jax 55) vs. speed (Stubbs: 121 SB, to Jax 89) but Jax also has an astounding 33 triples, while Stubbs had just 16.
Sure, Jackson has struck out a lot: 472 times in 1790 PAs (26.3% K rate). But he's also walked 220 times.
In the minors Stubbs struck out 435 times in 1858 PAs (23.4% K rate). He walked 222 times.
What about defense? While not great statistical measures, Stubbs committed 16 errors in 417 minor league games (.985 fldg). Jax has commited 15 errors in 376 games (.982 fldg).
Both were about the same age, with B.Jax starting at age 20, and playing in his fourth year (398 games) at 23.
Stubbs started at 21 and played for four years in the minors (426 games), reaching the majors in 2009 for 40 games at the age of 24. (During that 40-game cup of coffee he hit 8 homeruns, stole 10 bases and struck out 50 times.)
Across the past four seasons in the big leagues Stubbs has averaged 22 HRs, 38 SBs, and .a 240/.328/.405 slash, plus 193(!) strikeouts.
1. Is Drew Stubb's ML career a reasonable projection for Brett Jackson?
2. Will B. Jax exceed/meet/or underperform Stubb's ML numbers?
Posted 02 August 2012 - 08:02 AM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).