Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- MLB and NPB Reportedly on the Verge of a “Maximum Bid” Posting System – And the Max is Just $20 Million
Today, 05:36 PM
- Report: Cubs Will Do “Serious Listening” on Jeff Samardzija Next Week at the Winter Meetings
Today, 03:48 PM
- Lukewarm Stove: Diamondbacks Want an Ace, but Archie Bradley’s Off Limits Even for David Price
Today, 02:08 PM
- Interesting Non-Tenders from Around the League: Bailey, Turner, Wright, Hudson, Belisario, Others
Today, 11:59 AM
- The Daytona Cubs Are Baseball America’s Minor League Team of the Year
Today, 10:38 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cub Fan Dan (42)
Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:02 PM
On a brighter note, Chirstian Villanuava has started his Cubs career with 2 home runs.
Posted 03 August 2012 - 04:13 AM
You can tell i'm a Cubs fan when i start a post with i can't wait until next year.
Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:08 AM
Usually, control is the last thing back after TJ surgery, so don't panic.
Villanueva and Hendrick were assigned to Daytona, Brigman to Tennessee and Chapman to Iowa.
This is correct. Whitenack is doing very well for a guy coming off elbow surgery. This season was all about getting used to pitching again after the layoff and working his arm back to full strength. If he continues to have long term, persistent control issues next season, then we can start to worry a little.
Similarly, don't expect much of anything from Vizcaino next season. Some guys bounce right back from Tommy John work, but most need a season or so get their old stuff back.
Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:27 PM
I also really like what Lendy Castillo is doing as a starter in the minors. Its too bad we couldn't just leave him down there for another year and a half to develop.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).