Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 11:19 AM

Any coaching preferences, Bears fans?

For head coach, I hope the Bears consider someone from this group:

Ken Whisenhunt(Would bring along Russ Grimm. Grimm is one of the best offensive line coaches in the NFL.)

Mike McCoy

Mike Zimmer

Any others?

#32 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:21 PM

I'd think Bruce Arians would be on any short list. Sure, he's getting up there age wise, but you can a solid case that he deserves Coach of the Year consideration.

#33 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 05 January 2013 - 06:24 PM

I'd think Bruce Arians would be on any short list. Sure, he's getting up there age wise, but you can a solid case that he deserves Coach of the Year consideration.

Arians did a nice job with Indianapolis, this season. However, he seems like a one-hit wonder.

Arians was a bad collegiate head coach(Temple).
He was fired as offensive coordinator of the steelers, just last season.
We don't know how much credit he truly deserves for the colts' success.

I'd much rather go with a young offensive mind. Someone who could fix the offensive line and contribute to making Jay Cutler a productive quarterback.

#34 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 January 2013 - 08:33 PM

I'd like to see them take a chance on the younger Gruden. I wouldn't mind the older one or Cowher, but I think they both want control over personnel, so that probably eliminates them. Of the guys that I hear they are considering, Mike McCoy probably has to be my favorite. I liked the Whisenhunt/Grimm combo before the last two seasons of disaster in the desert, but it would be interesting to see what they could do with a decent QB and an established defense.

#35 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 10:40 AM

I'd like to see them take a chance on the younger Gruden. I wouldn't mind the older one or Cowher, but I think they both want control over personnel, so that probably eliminates them. Of the guys that I hear they are considering, Mike McCoy probably has to be my favorite. I liked the Whisenhunt/Grimm combo before the last two seasons of disaster in the desert, but it would be interesting to see what they could do with a decent QB and an established defense.

I like all of the names you threw out there.

#36 Justen

Justen

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:sprtswiz1
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 18 January 2013 - 07:58 AM

I am happy with the Trestman hire. My first thoughts were why would we hire a guy from the CFL who wasn’t able to get a job in the NFL while he was here for 20 years. The more I heard guys like Adam Schefter, John Clayton, Rich Gannon, Steve Young, and other people that are closer to the sport to say that they really like the guy and think he could be a good head coach. It seems like everything just kept coming back to his personality as to why he didn’t get a job in the 90’s but that doesn’t really bother me because its not as if Lovie had the greatest personality either.

All in all I really like the idea of getting him and that he is going to be calling the plays during the game, I really wanted the HC to do that. I am a big Jay Cutler supporter and he has no more excuses at this point. If they can get the O-line right then it basically falls onto Jay and he needs to do the work to make the team better. BEAR DOWN!!

#37 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 18 January 2013 - 11:23 AM

My worry with Trestman is that he hasn't been in the NFL for a long time. I think it's 8 years, which is a lifetime of football. I'm not sure he's still going to be ahead of the game offensively like he was as a coordinator.

#38 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 22 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

I wonder if he's gonna get heat for being on the Oakland staff in 2002 with the recent allegations that Callahan and staff intentionally lost the game

#39 Justen

Justen

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Twitter:sprtswiz1
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:39 AM

I wonder if he's gonna get heat for being on the Oakland staff in 2002 with the recent allegations that Callahan and staff intentionally lost the game

i wouldnt think so since what everyone is talking about is Callahan as the head coach deciding what kind of plays he wanted to be called. Either way i think it is complete bs and ridiculous to think that an NFL head coach would intentionally throw the Super Bowl.

#40 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,476 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 24 January 2013 - 09:43 AM

i wouldnt think so since what everyone is talking about is Callahan as the head coach deciding what kind of plays he wanted to be called. Either way i think it is complete bs and ridiculous to think that an NFL head coach would intentionally throw the Super Bowl.

I think it was more likely that he was too confident in his own abilities, and thought changing the gameplan a few days before the game was a genius move that was going to make him a legend.

#41 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:44 PM

With the exception of the Bennett signing, I'm not liking the Bears' offseason.

1.) Fired an established coach coming off of a 10-win season, in favor of a coach who hasn't been around the NFL game for years.

2.) Overspent on a a LT who grades out poorly.

3.) Allowed Nick Roach to sign elsewhere.

#42 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:08 PM

I'll go on the record saying that Cherlius is an idiot and only had a good year this year in his contract year. He wasn't a LT ever, Backus was the LT in Detroit.

#43 Morken

Morken

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 146 posts

Posted 21 March 2013 - 02:50 PM

Te'o, anyone?

#44 Luke

Luke

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts
  • Twitter:@ltblaize
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:31 PM

Colts > Bears

Unquestionably incorrect.

Odd how much things change in a year.

#45 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 10:28 PM

Whoa look how civil Morken was when talking about football

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).