soundCARDen

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Twitter:Pile_of_DERP
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

Anyone else notice that? Suggest that Starlin may be, um, enjoying Wrigleyville a whole lot? I certainly hope that's not the case, but if it is, then that's a shame.

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 15 August 2012 - 11:55 AM

I would take anything inflammatory that Bernstein says with a HUGE grain of salt. It's what he does. Not saying it's not legit. Just saying.

#3 soundCARDen

soundCARDen

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Twitter:Pile_of_DERP
  • LocationChicago

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

Oh clearly. I mean I live here and can't listen that rube. He's almost as bad as Rosenbloom. Almost. But all he did say was that his 'source' claims Starlin likes the night life. Since I'm not a regular on either the Rush St. or Wrigleyville scene, I wouldn't have a clue.

#4 scorecardpaul

scorecardpaul

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 142 posts
  • LocationRochester, Illinois

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:05 PM

I would imagine so, look at his biggest influence..... Soriano.
could be the reason our top guys would like to pay most of his salary to ship him out o town???

#5 Robbo

Robbo

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 15 August 2012 - 08:31 PM

He's a young guy and that's what young guys do. Until it reaches Kyle farnsworth levels I wouldn't worry. Same thing said about patty Kane and he scored GW goal in the cup. Too soon to worry about starlin.

#6 CubFanBob

CubFanBob

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 10:22 PM

heh ? 22 year old enjoys being 22 and single in Chicago so what. ..B&B show has improved but they just try too hard. I loved it a few back when the Cubs won on a walk off so they cried about teams celebrating like they won the world series during a regular season walk off win but when their flag station WS, which they are both fans of, celebrate a walk off it's perfectly acceptable to them.

#7 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

I would imagine so, look at his biggest influence..... Soriano.
could be the reason our top guys would like to pay most of his salary to ship him out o town???

Any chance I could get you to give some samples of Soriano being a bad teammate/influence, or even someone we don't want to see mentoring Starlin Castro? I've seen/heard/read nothing but positive things about Soriano as a teammate and influence on young players. I hear a lot of people rip on him, but no one can really give a reason for being so against his influence of young players aside from his occasional hop in the field and his high salary. If you know something about Soriano's off the field behavior, or have some insight into how he interacts with his teammates, please share.

#8 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 16 August 2012 - 06:29 PM

LOL SERIOUSLY! Soriano is a model teammate and a consummate professional despite his shortcomings on the field if you want to blast somebody blast Hendry for shelling out that much money.

Castro's a shithead. He really needs to check himself especially considering the sexual assault allegations from the offseason. I'm really beginning to sour on him. Does anybody have a link to the original tweet?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).