CubsMas Day 2 winner...Day 3 suggestions please...
Oswego Chris - Today, 10:39 PM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Monday Evening Winter Meetings Update: Choo, Price, Samardzija, Arroyo, Trumbo, Sale
Today, 06:45 PM
- Rumor: Cubs Considering Trade with Nationals for Bullpen Pieces Clippard, Storen
Today, 05:57 PM
- Prepare to Be Irrationally Optimistic and then Irrationally Deflated About Masahiro Tanaka
Today, 04:39 PM
- Monday Mid-Day Winter Meetings Update: Sale, Samardzija, Brown, Price, Tanaka, Hendriks, More
Today, 01:03 PM
- Add the Yankees to the List of Teams Interested in Jeff Samardzija
Today, 11:01 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 8/21/12 - Cardwell
Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:45 AM
And this is the text of the great Cubs radio broadcaster, Jack Quinlan - who died during spring training in 1965:
"Ball 3, strike 1 on Cunningham... Here's the pitch... Strike 2! (Wrigley Field crowd roars) ... Cunningham's arguing now... he's back here barkin' at Tony Venson, the plate umpire... he's really sore... he is really peeved at that strike two, that was called... One more pitch could end it... You know what kind of a pitch we're hopin' for: The dark one! Blow it past him Don! ... Here comes the biggest pitch of this ballgame... Lined into left field... (crowd gasps) ... Here's Moryn comin' ... (crowd roars) ... HE CAUGHT IT! He caught it! A no-hitter! A no-hitter for Cardwell! Moryn made a great game-saving catch! It's a no-hitter for Cardwell... his teammates are mobbin' him... Cardwell's teammates are poundin' him to death!"
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).