Looking to split bleacher seats for Combo plan or Full Season
pitching101 - Yesterday, 09:04 AM
Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Lukewarm Stove: Samardzija, Granderson, Price, Tanaka, Saltalamacchia, More
Yesterday, 02:36 PM
- Cubs Lose 2013 Rule 5 Draft Pick to Phillies Because of Lendy Castillo Shenanigans
Yesterday, 02:00 PM
- No Edward Mujica for the Cubs: Signs Two-Year Deal with Red Sox
Yesterday, 11:05 AM
- Latest on Tanaka and the Posting System: Deal Coming Today? Cubs Still Heavily Involved?
Yesterday, 10:22 AM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: License Committee Signs Off on Tweaks, Plaza Booze Delayed
Yesterday, 09:55 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Cubs Calendar 8/21/12 - Cardwell
Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:45 AM
And this is the text of the great Cubs radio broadcaster, Jack Quinlan - who died during spring training in 1965:
"Ball 3, strike 1 on Cunningham... Here's the pitch... Strike 2! (Wrigley Field crowd roars) ... Cunningham's arguing now... he's back here barkin' at Tony Venson, the plate umpire... he's really sore... he is really peeved at that strike two, that was called... One more pitch could end it... You know what kind of a pitch we're hopin' for: The dark one! Blow it past him Don! ... Here comes the biggest pitch of this ballgame... Lined into left field... (crowd gasps) ... Here's Moryn comin' ... (crowd roars) ... HE CAUGHT IT! He caught it! A no-hitter! A no-hitter for Cardwell! Moryn made a great game-saving catch! It's a no-hitter for Cardwell... his teammates are mobbin' him... Cardwell's teammates are poundin' him to death!"
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).