fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 22 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

and the brewers fans around him were NOT amused.

#2 Stinky Pete

Stinky Pete

The Woodward AND Bernstein of the Message Board

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 05:43 AM

Given that the fans that root for the SAME TEAM AS HE DOES are generally not amused, I can't imagine the cranky pants brewer fans* would be amused.

*This observation is based solely on my own personal experiences and is not intended to convince anyone that ALL brewer fans are cranky pants, sour puss, uptight, angry little bitches.

#3 5412

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:34 AM

HI,

Woo woo does not please me either. In 2008 he walked around Wrigley in a Cub uniform with Obama 08 on the back. I wrote the team and complained and basically said I would have been equally offended if he had McCain 08 on the back. That is not something the Cubs should be involved in.

Don't know about eveyone else, but the ballpark is a refuge to get away from the day to day shit and relax for a game.

Response I got back was interesting. First he is not a mascot of the team, they do not support, sponser, endorse, whatever; anything that he does. They "suspect' he is funded by one of the local taverns in Wrigley.

On 2-3 different occasions i have heard that Ronnie Woo-woo got a bit too friendly with young girls trying to play grab ass while they were clamoring to have their photo taken with him.

Why anyone would pay his expenses to go anywhere is beyond me. We have gone over to Fitch Park in Mesa watching the kids do drills and damned if he does not show up.

In my opinion, he is anything but a good will ambassador for the team.

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).