#1 LARRY

LARRY

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationCentral Illinois

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:38 AM

Last night I dreamed that a major league player named Rabbit Maran asked me to take throws with him at second base during infield practice before a game that was to be played near my home the following day. I showed up with my glove, but everything was delayed by rain. When the other team arrived, I was assigned to help out a certain player, like I was a batboy or something. I didn't know the player, but I was shown his name on the roster. He was a middle infielder, and per the roster he was 5' 8" tall. This all happend in modern day, but the players were all from long ago.

I don't know what this dream means. I thought there was an old player named Rabbit Maran, but it turns out the closest I could find was a Rabbit Maranville, a ss/2nd who played for Braves/Pirates/Cardinals/Robins/Cubs 1912-1935.

I can understand the rain delay because I was watching the Tiger/Ranger game last night before retiring, but the rest is a mystery.

Interpret.

#2 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 09 October 2011 - 04:06 PM

His name was on the rooster? I thought it was a typo, but you used it twice. If there was a talking rooster, then this was a good dream, if not, you have boring dreams.

#3 LARRY

LARRY

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 06:05 PM

Thanks Jeff. I just want to say that I have boring dreams, and a rooster hacked my account, and those pictures are not me.

#4 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,640 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:17 AM

Were you aware of Rabbit Maranville before the dream? If not, that would be pretty freaking crazy.

#5 MichiganGoat

MichiganGoat

Give me a BEER

• Moderators
  • 3,799 posts
  • Twitter:MichiganGoat
  • Facebook:michigangoat
  • LocationGrand Rapids, MI

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:00 AM

Of course Freud would say you have a deep desire to be a rabbit and since a baseball bat is soooo phallic, then I'd say you want to be allowed to fuck like a rabbit, OR you want to be ravaged by a rabbit or a baseball bat. I'm hoping for option number 1 :huh:

MichiganGoat on Twitter

"There are a lot of guys who are respected but not liked" - Ron Santo

#6 LARRY

LARRY

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 11:45 AM

I must have heard the name "Rabbit Maranville" somewhere along the line, but I never would have come up with it while awake. As you say, the dream might be Freudian, but my wife thinks it means I'm not ready to die. It seems all interpretations of dreams involve either sex, death or parents.

#7 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 10 October 2011 - 12:33 PM

It seems all interpretations of dreams involve either sex, death or parents.

Oh, hopefully, all of the above!

Giggity!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).