#1 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 24 August 2012 - 11:28 AM

So, what exactly did he do? He's just, like, not actively travelling across the world trying to clear his name anymore? And that automaticaly means he's guilty? I don't really get that.

I mean, regardless of whether he's innocent or not (probably not), why does him saying, "I don't really feel like dealing with all this crap anymore. Nobody believes me anyways" equate to an admission of guilt? All these people are saying that if he was innocent he would keep fighting, and I think that's kind of crap. Pete Rose fought for a long time before ever admitting what he did. I think liars are probably more capable of life-long denial than people who are telling the truth.

#2 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,638 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:43 PM

Well, the timing of things looks bad - he was just about to go into an arbitration in which he was going to be confronted (reportedly) by 10 former teammates who were going to testify against him. And, knowing that if he didn't do the arbitration, his titles would be revoked, he stopped fighting.

I'm not saying that proves guilt (it doesn't), but I can understand why folks are leaping to that conclusion.

#3 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 25 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

I said most everything I had to say yesterday, but it's an unfair system. There's no sense in fighting it if you know its untrue and your name and reputation is already getting shit on. Even if he won arbitration (which he wouldn't have), would it have done any good? Yeah, he'd still have his titles but USADA already did too much damage. Now he can just focus on LIVESTRONG and go from there.

#4 Mike Taylor (no relation)

Mike Taylor (no relation)

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 384 posts
  • LocationLouisville, KY

Posted 15 January 2013 - 05:33 PM

I'm only passionate about a few things, family, music, Cubs, and the gut feeling I got whenever I saw Lance Armstrong (and what a P.O.S. he is/was).

I have never owned a bracelet, let alone a rubbery one. Society latches on to a fad and somehow, some of them never go away. The "livestrong" bracelets just set me off. In the voice of Harry Caray, "Here's a guy, who gets cancer, has his bawls removed, cancer goes into remission, and then all of a sudden, he doesn't like his wife anymore." What a prick. This poor (probably rich) woman is by her man's side night after night with the kids through all of the treatments and such... then he leaves her for Sheryl Crow once he realizes he's not gonna die. In a dramatic twist of irony, he dates her for awhile, then SHE gets cancer and he breaks up with her. This guy is a piece of work.

I could go on, but I won't. I have never supported him, never will.

#5 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:21 AM

So, if Lance was medically considered crazy would we have to say he was nut?

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#6 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:49 PM

#7 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 10 July 2013 - 09:28 AM

Lance is doing RAGBRAI (giant bicycle ride across Iowa) later this month.  Thinking about pelting him with eggs shot from a potato gun.

#8 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 10:38 AM

Lance is doing RAGBRAI (giant bicycle ride across Iowa) later this month.  Thinking about pelting him with eggs shot from a potato gun.

He may get a little testy.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#9 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:04 PM

He may get a little testy.

Good thing he only has one

#10 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

Sounds like it would be a ball.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).