Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Monday Mid-Day Winter Meetings Update: Sale, Samardzija, Brown, Price, Tanaka, Hendriks, More
Today, 01:03 PM
- Add the Yankees to the List of Teams Interested in Jeff Samardzija
Today, 11:01 AM
- Is Shin-Soo Choo Going to Get $100 Million? Calculating His Expected Contract
Today, 10:18 AM
- The Importance of Perspective on a Jeff Samardzija Extension
Today, 09:08 AM
- Eric Hinske Will Recruit All The Free Agents and Other Bullets
Today, 08:15 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Would anyone do this?
Posted 31 August 2012 - 10:32 AM
In a completely hypothetical situation, would anyone do this:
Send the Angels Carlos Marmol for Vernon Wells, and take on a portion of, about half of his remaining contract as well as Marmol's 2013 salary if they'd send us a few quality prospects as well, perhaps 1 top 10 and a low level/high ceiling guy. We's probably send them something fringy in the form of a Logan Watkins/Dae Eun Rhee/Nick Struck type as well just to even things out.
I'm not sure, but I'd think that the Angels could use some degree of salary relief, and this would get them that and fill a big need for them.
We'd be taking on some money, but getting 2 quality prospects as well as Vernon Wells, who could have a decent year or two in another change of scenery.
Posted 31 August 2012 - 03:25 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).