6 replies to this topic

#1 5412

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 03 September 2012 - 04:07 PM

Hi,

i am reading a lot of posts and notes about fans being frustrated and so am I. When Ricketts bought the team it was a mess, the minor leagues were a mess, and he had no clue on how to run the business. Those are the facts.

He now has almost two full seasons almost under hist. Look at where we are today as opposed to when he bought the team. The choice is to build a team through free agency (which worked so well for the Tribune in the later years), or build from within and then fill in with top quality (read expensive) free agents to put us over the top.

For those of you who might not remember, check the last time the team lost 103 games and see what followed for the next six years. See how those six year look as compared to any other six year period in the last 50 years.

Just hang on folks and look at the big picture.

regards,

#2 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:00 PM

just imagine how insane this message board is gonna get when they win a World Series

#3 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 September 2012 - 12:32 PM

just imagine how insane this message board is gonna get when they win a World Series

"Yeah, I'm happy the Cubs won the World Series and all, but have you seen the ticket prices? And how much nicer would the Series ring be if Sean Marshall could have won one, too? Plus, they would have won it all xxx years ago if only Ricketts wasn't so cheap/they had hired Ryno to manage/Theo had kept Tyler Colvin..."

#4 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

Sean Marshall was the missing piece this season. If we hadn't traded him we would switch positions with the Reds in the standings.

#5 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 04:25 AM

Still think we should have gone with Dick Tidrow for GM.
Please don't feed the psychos.

#6 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 September 2012 - 06:12 AM

Serious question here, does all this debate on the main board not remind anyone else of the election rhetoric going on right now? Republicans(Hendry supporters/Theo haters) are all up in arms because the new guy(Ricketts) hasn't fixed the team fast enough, they are blaming him for problems stemming from previous adminstrations, and basically saying "you're way didn't work fast enough, let's go back to using the old way that got us here int he first place". I may have been watching too much of the conventions.

#7 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,470 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:29 PM

I don't know, what I do know is Rahm Emanuel's a dick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).