Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Reportedly Sign Pitcher Tsuyoshi Wada to a Minor League Deal
Yesterday, 07:16 PM
- Winter Meetings Denouement: What Did or Didn’t Happen with Jeff Samardzija, and What Comes Next?
Yesterday, 01:01 PM
- Another Meh Option Off the Board: Joba Chamberlain Reportedly to Sign With Tigers
Yesterday, 12:42 PM
- Minor Acquisitions: Tommy Hottovy, Charles Cutler
Yesterday, 10:58 AM
- Chicago Cubs Trade Brian Bogusevic to the Miami Marlins for Justin Ruggiano
Yesterday, 08:40 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Can Cubs fans show patience?
Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:59 AM
Will Cubs fans be able to show a little patience, or are they expecting a WS in 2012?
I think a realistic timeline would be something like this:
2012 - Try not to embarrass us like last year's team did.
2013 - Be serious contenders, even if they don't make the playoffs, they should be close all the way to the end.
2014 - Serious run at a championship.
What are your thoughts?
Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:23 AM
From there, I don't see a great reason the Cubs can't be competitive - at least on paper - in 2013. Even then, I'd cut Theo (or whomever) some slack through the 2013 season. But, by 2014, I'd like to see a revamped, exciting, and productive roster.
Posted 12 October 2011 - 06:55 AM
If Epstein is the guy he will faced with this dual personality of Cub Nation, but luckily we have a patient owner and he building for long term success.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).