TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 13 September 2012 - 01:43 PM

The search ignores words with less that 4 characters.

Wel, fuk tht!

#17 Ralph

Ralph

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 13 September 2012 - 04:16 PM

I'm a search savant:

http://www.bleachern...__fromsearch__1

Thanks Sir Cub, I'll just check out the responses in that thread. I should know better than to pose a question like that... everything has already been discussed on this site and we can only bother to discuss a given topic once every two years... not every year.

#18 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 13 September 2012 - 05:50 PM

everything has already been discussed on this site and we can only bother to discuss a given topic once every two years... not every year.

Hawr hawr hawr...

Ralph, you don't spend much time on the front page, do you?

#19 SirCub

SirCub

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 908 posts
  • LocationCarrboro, NC

Posted 13 September 2012 - 06:10 PM

I'm a search savant:

You must be, because I searched both terms "we" and "us" in the posts title and came up w/ nothing. 'Course, I only spent, like, 8 seconds on it.

Actually, I just remembered that as being one of the first threads that I commented on, so I just went back to the first page of my post history.

I'm a search savant:

Thanks Sir Cub, I'll just check out the responses in that thread. I should know better than to pose a question like that... everything has already been discussed on this site and we can only bother to discuss a given topic once every two years... not every year.

Do you think that's why the message board has slowed down recently? Do you think we've literally discussed everything that possibly could be discussed?

#20 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 14 September 2012 - 09:30 AM

Do you think that's why the message board has slowed down recently? Do you think we've literally discussed everything that possibly could be discussed?

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#21 Ralph

Ralph

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:36 AM

I'm a search savant:

You must be, because I searched both terms "we" and "us" in the posts title and came up w/ nothing. 'Course, I only spent, like, 8 seconds on it.

Actually, I just remembered that as being one of the first threads that I commented on, so I just went back to the first page of my post history.

I'm a search savant:

Yeah, this must be it. I have no other explanation.

#22 Ralph

Ralph

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 11:48 AM

everything has already been discussed on this site and we can only bother to discuss a given topic once every two years... not every year.

Hawr hawr hawr...

Ralph, you don't spend much time on the front page, do you?

No, TWC, I usually just read what Brett and Luke have posted on a daily basis. I don't really read the discussion comments. I remember the first time I posted anything on this site was the day that Javier Baez got drafted (draft day 2011). Other than that, I have posted a couple of comments about Cub minor league games that I've been to. Just thought I'd take my discussion to BN on this one and didn't know that it was discussed last year. I was just breaking balls in my response post to SIrCub. Well, I have tests to grade right now for my students, so Hawr, Hawr, Hawr for now TWC.

#23 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:52 PM

Seems like you might have taken what I wrote the wrong way, Ralph. My comment was meant to poke fun at the daily rehash of the Marshall trade/the Stewart-Colvin trade/Soriano's worth/Rickett's cheapness-ticket prices discussions in the comments, and had little to do with you specifically. I hope you didn't take offense.

No, TWC, I usually just read what Brett and Luke have posted on a daily basis. I don't really read the discussion comments.

That is probably the sanest course of action. But I'll admit to not following it.

#24 Ralph

Ralph

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:11 PM

Seems like you might have taken what I wrote the wrong way, Ralph. My comment was meant to poke fun at the daily rehash of the Marshall trade/the Stewart-Colvin trade/Soriano's worth/Rickett's cheapness-ticket prices discussions in the comments, and had little to do with you specifically. I hope you didn't take offense.

No, TWC, I usually just read what Brett and Luke have posted on a daily basis. I don't really read the discussion comments.

That is probably the sanest course of action. But I'll admit to not following it.

No offense taken at all man.... and you forgot to add the Dempster drama to your list of daily rehashes. Just taking a break from entering test grades... one of the students got a 49% on a written exam.... Wowsers! Not that I suck at teaching of course, most got in the 80's or 90's. I did like the "Hawr" by the way... never seen that in writing before. Is that a deep belly laugh or were you calling somebody a Hawr?

#25 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:18 PM

I did like the "Hawr" by the way... Is that a deep belly laugh or were you calling somebody a Hawr?

Deep sarcastic belly laugh. With additional sarcasm thrown in for good measure.

#26 FFP

FFP

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 406 posts
  • LocationWorcester County, Massachusetts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:20 PM

I had read something a year or two back about European football (soccer) fans as the basis for research into what watching a game on TV does to ones blood chemistry. (Looked for but couldn't find a link.) What I remember is that a fan's reactions to the stresses, the winning, and the losing are the same biochemically as they are in blood chemistry of the players and coaches who are actually locked in battle and might change its outcome. (Damned scientists are always getting grants to prove what we already have felt to be true.) So, we are Cubs (literally in our hearts) if we are Cubs fans.

I usually use the "us/we."

For what it's worth, Ralph, as a new Cubs fan my own use of "we" (as in "we fell further in the standings this week") marked an important turning point for me this year. I'm sure that when I began posting here I did not use those pronouns at all. At first I avoided them consciously because--well, out of respect for the rest of the fans here. I was a visitor to your Nation. But at some (painful) point this summer I noticed that I was deploying them. Regularly. Often with passion. I am a Cub.

The same is probably true in reverse when I talk about a team I formerly was a fan of. If a local Boston fan asks me what my problem is with Bobby Valentine, I am apt to refer to him as "your field manager" as opposed to "the Sox's field manager." It puts an intended distance in the room, and between me and that ass-clown.

But this brings up a different, perennial, sports-lexical question; am I a former Red Sox, or a former Red Sock?Hawr! (But with a sarcasticly Cornish accent to taunt pirates and Pirate fans)

Edited by FFP, 14 September 2012 - 01:28 PM.

#27 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 14 September 2012 - 07:20 PM

Posted Image

Since I'm always in uniform, I believe I have the right to use the pronoun "we"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).