#1 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 17 September 2012 - 08:24 PM

I have to apologize. For some reason, when I get on a message board, I turn into an arrogant, argumentative, and smarmy person, and I really am not like that in the real world away from the internet. I'm not sure what it is about message boards that brings out the worst in me, but I always have regrets once disagreements go a little too far. Not necessarily anything in particular recently, just an observation I've made about myself over time, and honestly, I do my best to avoid message boards for this very reason (don't even use Facebook).

Anyhow, just thought I owed at least the message board folks an apology as I know you are the most frequent visitors. I am going to try to temper my urge to be a dick, but I will most likely give in to it again at some point. Feel free to call me out on it if and when it happens.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#2 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 01:41 AM

Say 10 Hail Dick Tidrows, and all is forgiven. ;)
Please don't feed the psychos.

#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 18 September 2012 - 07:25 AM

You are the worst person I know.

(I kid.)

#4 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 18 September 2012 - 08:29 AM

I am going to try to temper my urge to be a dick, but I will most likely give in to it again at some point. Feel free to call me out on it if and when it happens.

The hate is swelling in you now. Give in to your anger. Gooooood. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

#5 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 18 September 2012 - 06:44 PM

LOL! Thanks guys!

#6 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

There are 2 things that will turn the most mild mannered, God fearing individual into a raging douche bag on a regular basis: internet message boards and rush hour traffic, and this marks the first time that I've ever witnessed anyone apologize for either. Kudos for that.

#7 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,472 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 19 September 2012 - 12:20 PM

lmao this message board is like Sunday School compared to some of the greasy horror show message boards I frequent.

#8 Diesel

Diesel

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 211 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 03:23 PM

I am going to try to temper my urge to be a dick, but I will most likely give in to it again at some point. Feel free to call me out on it if and when it happens.

The hate is swelling in you now. Give in to your anger. Gooooood. Use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you.

Something, something, something, Dark Side. Something, something, something, Complete.

#9 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 19 September 2012 - 05:18 PM

You have no idea how many messages I've typed out only to delete them in the last 2 days. I fight the dickhead gene on a regular basis, and usually lose.

And thanks for the kind words Rated Rookie!

#10 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 21 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

lmao this message board is like Sunday School compared to some of the greasy horror show message boards I frequent.

agreed. Sometimes it's comical how posters think that if they act like as big of a dick as possible that it makes them right.

#11 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

There are 2 things that will turn the most mild mannered, God fearing individual into a raging douche bag on a regular basis: internet message boards and rush hour traffic, and this marks the first time that I've ever witnessed anyone apologize for either. Kudos for that.

This is true, I literally got out of my car in standstil traffic on I-95 in Miami and gave my Saturn a Hulk Hogan leg drop and a Macho Man elbow drop off the overpass because the a/c quit and no even blinked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).