Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Winter Meetings Denouement: What Did or Didn’t Happen with Jeff Samardzija, and What Comes Next?
Today, 01:01 PM
- Another Meh Option Off the Board: Joba Chamberlain Reportedly to Sign With Tigers
Today, 12:42 PM
- Minor Acquisitions: Tommy Hottovy, Charles Cutler
Today, 10:58 AM
- Chicago Cubs Trade Brian Bogusevic to the Miami Marlins for Justin Ruggiano
Today, 08:40 AM
- No Roberto Hernandez for the Cubs: The Former Fausto Carmona Signs with the Phillies
Today, 08:25 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Did anyone catch this stat?
Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:36 PM
We are back home in FL and went to dinner with friends tonight. They had the Rays/Sox game on. Matt Joyce homered twice. Matt played here in Lakeland and was part of the last Florida Southern College national championship team.
The stat that caught my eyes however was this. Sox are in a dog fight for the playoffs and their attendance was like 25,000. According to ESPN website they were 65% of capacity. While I am not a Reinsdorf fan, who can blame him for not adding a lot of payroll at the deadline? If it does not increase attendance to help offset the cost, why should he bother?
And for our beloved Cubs, the battle cry, "Let's win 63" continues....
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).