Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Chicago Cubs Reportedly Eyeing Free Agent John Axford
Yesterday, 05:35 PM
- No Curtis Granderson for the Cubs: Four Years and $60 Million from the Mets
Yesterday, 01:46 PM
- Obsessive Wrigley Renovation Watch: Zoning Committee Blesses Changes to Plan
Yesterday, 12:30 PM
- Prospects Progress: Corbin Hoffner
Yesterday, 11:30 AM
- Hot Stove! Now the Mariners and Robinson Cano Reportedly Have a Deal (10 Years, $240 Million)
Yesterday, 10:06 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Did anyone catch this stat?
Posted 29 September 2012 - 06:36 PM
We are back home in FL and went to dinner with friends tonight. They had the Rays/Sox game on. Matt Joyce homered twice. Matt played here in Lakeland and was part of the last Florida Southern College national championship team.
The stat that caught my eyes however was this. Sox are in a dog fight for the playoffs and their attendance was like 25,000. According to ESPN website they were 65% of capacity. While I am not a Reinsdorf fan, who can blame him for not adding a lot of payroll at the deadline? If it does not increase attendance to help offset the cost, why should he bother?
And for our beloved Cubs, the battle cry, "Let's win 63" continues....
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).