Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Pre-Gamin’: Cubs v. Pirates (6:05 CT) – Lineups, Broadcast Info, etc.
Today, 03:45 PM
- As Expected, Cubs DFA Michael Bowden to Make Room For Matt Garza
Today, 01:54 PM
- Chicago Cubs Claim Reliever Eduardo Sanchez Off Waivers from Cardinals
Today, 12:49 PM
- Gentle, but Forceful, Reminder: Sign Up for the $300 BN Fantasy Contest
Today, 11:57 AM
- Telephone: Ian Stewart Says that Theo Epstein Says that Josh Vitters is the Future at Third Base
Today, 10:15 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:43 AM
My early pick is Seth Manaea. Hard throwing college lefty. I will be watching Indiana State closely this spring.
I think a college pitcher is the way to go this year. An impact player who can start contributing 2ish years when hopefully the Cubs have turned it around. David Price like.
I would actually love to load up on P's in this draft. I am fascinated by the Marlins 2005 draft with 5 1st rd picks and they were all pitchers. Granted it did not work out too well for Fla, but I still find it very intriguing.
Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:31 AM
I also loved what the Astros did this year getting Correa for 'cheap' and then using the savings to nab a stud pitcher in McCullers in the sandwich round...a guy who slipped for one reason or another but has all the talent. If the Cubs dont go the Appel/Stanek/Manaea/OtherPitcher route with the #2 pick I hope they at least use a similar strat to get one in the sup. round.
Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:17 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).