Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:
Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:
Bleacher Nation Posts
- Prepare to Be Irrationally Optimistic and then Irrationally Deflated About Masahiro Tanaka
Today, 04:39 PM
- Monday Mid-Day Winter Meetings Update: Sale, Samardzija, Brown, Price, Tanaka, Hendriks, More
Today, 01:03 PM
- Add the Yankees to the List of Teams Interested in Jeff Samardzija
Today, 11:01 AM
- Is Shin-Soo Choo Going to Get $100 Million? Calculating His Expected Contract
Today, 10:18 AM
- The Importance of Perspective on a Jeff Samardzija Extension
Today, 09:08 AM
Upcoming Calendar Events
Posted 02 October 2012 - 08:43 AM
My early pick is Seth Manaea. Hard throwing college lefty. I will be watching Indiana State closely this spring.
I think a college pitcher is the way to go this year. An impact player who can start contributing 2ish years when hopefully the Cubs have turned it around. David Price like.
I would actually love to load up on P's in this draft. I am fascinated by the Marlins 2005 draft with 5 1st rd picks and they were all pitchers. Granted it did not work out too well for Fla, but I still find it very intriguing.
Posted 02 October 2012 - 09:31 AM
I also loved what the Astros did this year getting Correa for 'cheap' and then using the savings to nab a stud pitcher in McCullers in the sandwich round...a guy who slipped for one reason or another but has all the talent. If the Cubs dont go the Appel/Stanek/Manaea/OtherPitcher route with the #2 pick I hope they at least use a similar strat to get one in the sup. round.
Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:17 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users
Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).