Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

What do people think about division realignment? I don't have a strong opinion

Do you mean redistributing the teams in the divisions to break up the stacked Waveland party? Or going with a different format? I wouldn't be against reducing the number of divisions to four. But like you, I don't really have a strong opinion on it.

I was thinking more along the lines of switching to four divisions and having more wildcards available instead of just three. May make it so a 14-8 team isn't seeded lower than a 12-10 team (not like it mattered at all this year since Sam won). But, I don't really care either way and it's not really a pressing concern for me.

#17 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,937 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:30 AM

WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION!?!?!?!?!?!

I liked the scoring overall, would like more points for crazy things like 4HR, Perfect Game, Cycle, etc... and an approach more similar to wOBA where points are weighted towards how they impact RL scoring.

The areas I really want addressed is a mid-week DL roster swap ability, continue with weekly roster locking and mid-season callups/additions to FFL database.

In terms of divisional realignment I don't want annual realignment based on record, at least not yet. We may have 1 or 2 divisions that are consistently the best of the best and we may want to break it up then, but for now let's see how the keepers affect everything. I would be supportive of reducing from 6 to 4 and then having 2 leagues wherein you only play within your league until the playoffs.

#18 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 05 October 2012 - 09:47 AM

WHAT IN THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE ARTICLES OF CONFEDERATION!?!?!?!?!?!

I liked the scoring overall, would like more points for crazy things like 4HR, Perfect Game, Cycle, etc... and an approach more similar to wOBA where points are weighted towards how they impact RL scoring.

The areas I really want addressed is a mid-week DL roster swap ability, continue with weekly roster locking and mid-season callups/additions to FFL database.

In terms of divisional realignment I don't want annual realignment based on record, at least not yet. We may have 1 or 2 divisions that are consistently the best of the best and we may want to break it up then, but for now let's see how the keepers affect everything. I would be supportive of reducing from 6 to 4 and then having 2 leagues wherein you only play within your league until the playoffs.

-wOBA would be awesome.
-Looks like I am in the minority in wanting roster locks, but a DL roster swap is a good compromise.
-I think 4 divisions would be better, but still have some inter-league play.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#19 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:01 AM

Quick update:

looked into what fleaflicker allows for lineup changes mid-week, and there's no way to set how many lineup edits you can make in a week. its either daily or weekly, and no inbetween. Seeing that makes me think we should just keep lineup changes a weekly thing.

Other things for consideration: the draft order can be customized as either a snake draft or in order of worst-best record for every round. There are also options to make the draft worst-best for the first couple of rounds, and then it snakes after that.

My thoughts on division realignment: I'd be okay with moving to 4 divisions, or simply redistributing the teams randomly into new divisions. I'm not a fan of the idea of moving the best teams into different divisions, making sure each division has bad and good teams, just seems weird to me.

The Two League idea, though, really intrigues me. It'd be a lot of fun and would mimic the current MLB structure, and having a legit world series would be awesome. That said, I don't think its possible without making Sam and MG do a *lot* of schedule editing.

speaking of the championship, would anyone else be in favor of removing a regular season game and making the world series a full two weeks long? I think it would even out advantages due to double starts, and reduce the whole SSS problem that weekly games have

#20 Edgar

Edgar

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 149 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:04 AM

Before we get all crazy with changes we should put some kind of schedule with deadlines. I say we take a week to discuss each change that way we are active during the winter. We have a topic each week, discuss it, then decide on the change and vote. Count the votes on sundays and then make the change.

We can along the lines of

Week of
10/8-pitching scoring changes
10/15-hitting scoring changes
10/22-line up changes
10/29-division realignment

and so on. that way its gives time for all of the owners to see.

#21 T C

T C

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 418 posts
  • Twitter:@tommyecook
  • LocationThe University of Illinois

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:07 AM

Before we get all crazy with changes we should put some kind of schedule with deadlines. I say we take a week to discuss each change that way we are active during the winter. We have a topic each week, discuss it, then decide on the change and vote. Count the votes on sundays and then make the change.

Week of
10/22-line up changes

I like the idea of having a set schedule, and we should definitely keep weeks inbetween votes so everyone can participate, but I think hitting/pitching scoring changes absolutely have to be done together so we can see how they affect each other

#22 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 10:14 AM

The Two League idea, though, really intrigues me. It'd be a lot of fun and would mimic the current MLB structure, and having a legit world series would be awesome. That said, I don't think its possible without making Sam and MG do a *lot* of schedule editing.

speaking of the championship, would anyone else be in favor of removing a regular season game and making the world series a full two weeks long? I think it would even out advantages due to double starts, and reduce the whole SSS problem that weekly games have

-Since MG doesn't spend much time on here now, he should have plenty of spare time.
-Making it a full two weeks would make it much more like the rest of the year. It really did make for some different decisions on who to start. So, I am definitely for making it a full two weeks.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#23 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

Week of
10/22-line up changes

I like the idea of having a set schedule, and we should definitely keep weeks inbetween votes so everyone can participate, but I think hitting/pitching scoring changes absolutely have to be done together so we can see how they affect each other

Good idea, otherwise this is going to get really ADHD. Don't forget awards and drafting the constitution has to be done too.

#24 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:06 AM

-Since MG doesn't spend much time on here now, he should have plenty of spare time.

Cannot tell if joking.

#25 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:16 AM

Cannot tell if joking.

Yes joking. Sorry, I tend to have a dry sarcastic since of humor.

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#26 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 05 October 2012 - 11:32 AM

Cannot tell if joking.

Yes joking. Sorry, I tend to have a dry sarcastic since of humor.

lol ok thought so. hard to tell on the interwebs.

#27 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 05 October 2012 - 02:49 PM

worst to best every round in the draft

I want this because of reasons

#28 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 05 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

I love this phrase

#29 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,475 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 05 October 2012 - 06:12 PM

I agree because of reasons that may or may not be different from your reasons.

#30 Rick Vaughn 99

Rick Vaughn 99

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 256 posts
  • Facebook:kloyer5
  • LocationAnchorage, AK

Posted 05 October 2012 - 07:52 PM

I would only go along with that if we increased the number of keepers.
- die hard fanclub member #001

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).