Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,370 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 25 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

I'm actually kind of surprised that's not a real site. I've seen stranger things on the internet.

I was afraid to click on it for fear that it was. You never know with that hansy fellow ...

The question is: How many sites did he have to enter before he found one that wasn't taken?

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#17 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 08 November 2012 - 01:07 PM

So twice today I've received an Xfinity ad that takes up a large portion of the screen and follows along with me when I scroll up and down on the message board.

#18 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 08 November 2012 - 05:16 PM

So twice today I've received an Xfinity ad that takes up a large portion of the screen and follows along with me when I scroll up and down on the message board.

Does it start doing that when you scroll over it, or is it a true pop-up that just kind of shows up in the middle of your screen when you load the page? (I haven't seen it, myself - not currently getting any xfinity ads where I live.)

#19 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 08 November 2012 - 09:23 PM

Does it start doing that when you scroll over it, or is it a true pop-up that just kind of shows up in the middle of your screen when you load the page? (I haven't seen it, myself - not currently getting any xfinity ads where I live.)

hmm good question i didn't notice. i'll keep my eyes open.

#20 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 04 December 2012 - 11:59 AM

I've received two audio auto-play ads from lean cuisine today. they weren't cursor roll overs; when i opened the main page, they began.

#21 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:00 PM

and just as i went back to the main page after posting this I got one from "Ross".

#22 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:08 PM

FWIW, I got an immediate redirect from the main page yesterday morning on my iPhone. I cancelled the load, however, before I even got to the redirected page, so I can't tell you the URL of the final destination.

This is totally unhelpful, I know.

#23 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 12:59 PM

Thanks (and sorry) guys. I'll look into these, but I might not get too far this week. Too much going on.

#24 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 January 2013 - 01:55 PM

Alright, have a new problem. On the main page, this ad keeps freezing up my browser, and if it doesn't freeze it, it slows it down to intolerable levels. I am trying for a screen cap from the main page, but haven't found it yet. The same ad shows up on the message board for me as well, but completely redirects me from the thread I am reading to a blank forum page with just the ad on it. I do have a screen shot of this. I make no actions to instigate either ad, if that helps at all. Like I said, the main page issue is also when this exact survey ad shows up, so I thought it might be a connected issue. It might also be something to do with my flashplayer, but I'm not sure.

Posted Image

#25 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:13 PM

I get the same one. A United Health pop up add usually preceeds it. I have to close down the site. I am a little scared of this one. It will cause me to quit the site I think.

#26 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:14 PM

The message board has been acting a bit wonky for me today. Reply's have been hit or miss.

#27 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 02:47 PM

Jeff - just to be clear, the ad that you're talking about in both instances is that survey ad? If so, that happened to me yesterday, too, and it's a broken ad. I'm working with the networks on that one, but obviously there are broader problems. I'll add this one to their plate. Sorry.

#28 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:01 PM

Oh, and by the way, I can say for certain that survey ad is not malicious, it's just broken.

Any other site issues you guys can let me know, I'd be much obliged. I'm trying to work everything out at once, and unfortunately I don't think it's on my end.

#29 Spriggs

Spriggs

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,018 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:08 PM

The pop-up ad “Survey” has wiped me out. It causes the entire Message Board to freeze up. It’s only a problem on the Message Board. If I go to the blog from there, everything is ok. The “Survey” pop up now appears at any time – but it is very frequent now. You don’t have to hover your mouse over anything. It has frozen me up during each of my 5 attempts to make any type of entry. I am cutting and pasting this one in to save time and leave the site for the day…

#30 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 15 January 2013 - 03:27 PM

I know that ol' Ace doesn't want to hear this, but when the site acts all shitty like it has been, w/ popups and redirects and the like, it's a good time to turn on AdBlock. You can pretty easily toggle AdBlock on/off at whim for specific sites.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).