19 replies to this topic

#1 EQ76

EQ76

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:22 PM

So, anybody want to place a wager or place a guess on the OU/ND game? I'm a die hard Sooner fan here in Oklahoma and I'm positive there's a lot of ND fans on here.

I'm guessing 35-17 OU.

#2 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:28 PM

Can they both lose?
Posted Image

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#3 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,052 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 25 October 2012 - 01:54 PM

waitwaitwait... there's college football, too?

#4 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:09 AM

As an Irish fan, I'm very worried about this game. The outcome is going to depend on how ND's offense does. Golson is either mobile and calm, or running around like a headless chicken. I'd be highly disappointed with a blowout, but I could see your prediction coming true. I say the Irish D is going to match up better than people think, ND wins 10-7 on a defensive touchdown.

#5 EQ76

EQ76

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:50 AM

well all you have to do is rattle Landry Jones a little bit and he starts making mistakes. we lose when he's pressured.. we dominate when he can just stay in the box and pass.

#6 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 26 October 2012 - 07:55 AM

I'd take OU against just about anyone right now, and ND is due for a letdown. OU by at least 2 TD's is my prediction.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#7 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:17 AM

I suspect Brian Kelly will be fired immediately after the game if ND loses.

#8 butlerdawgs

butlerdawgs

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:mwerner1814

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:34 PM

I'm thinking it'll be a close game with ND winning. I think the defensive front seven forces a lot of pressure on Landry (that has to happen because I still don't trust the secondary). ND should be able to run the ball well, but BK doesn't seem to believe that. ND 17-13.

#9 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:58 PM

Can they both lose?
Posted Image

hahahhaha little brother got put into their place I SMELL ROSES

#10 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Um. Wow.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#11 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 27 October 2012 - 11:09 PM

Holy.Fucking.Shit.

#12 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:11 PM

Kansas State is still above them in the BCS Standings--the did jump Oregon--but unless KSU or Alabama loses it looks like ND will just have to settle with an at-large bid in one of the BCS bowls

#13 Cubbie Blues

Cubbie Blues

The Engineer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 3,369 posts
  • Twitter:@timhall76
  • LocationBloomington, IN

Posted 30 October 2012 - 06:00 AM

the did jump Oregon

Which is complete crap. Oregon has outscored their opponents 427-155 and are undefeated. Last week they put up 70 on Colorado and it could have been more. Every poll except for the BCS has Oregon ahead of Notre Damn. In fact the Coach's, AP & Harris have them at #2 with only the Legends poll having them at #3 and it sure isn't Notre Dame that is above them it's Kansas St.

"It's not the dress that makes you look fat, it's the fat that makes you look fat." - Al Bundy

"Ow" - Dylan Bundy

#14 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

First, let me say that even as an Irish fan, I think Oregon is the better team at this point.

Arkansas State, Fresno State, and Tennesee Tech. Those are the first three teams on Oregon's schedule. The computers favor teams that play tougher schedules, which is why ND and K-State are the top two computer teams. This will balance out starting this weekend when Alabama and Oregon start the meat of their schedules. At this point, ND has played a far better schedule than Oregon, by the time ND plays USC, if both teams are undefeated still, Oregon will easily be ahead of ND in every poll. If all 4 top teams go undefeated the rest of the way, then it will be Alabama-Oregon in the title game.

#15 Spencer

Spencer

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts
  • LocationValparaiso, IN

Posted 30 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

First, let me say that even as an Irish fan, I think Oregon is the better team at this point.

Arkansas State, Fresno State, and Tennesee Tech. Those are the first three teams on Oregon's schedule. The computers favor teams that play tougher schedules, which is why ND and K-State are the top two computer teams. This will balance out starting this weekend when Alabama and Oregon start the meat of their schedules. At this point, ND has played a far better schedule than Oregon, by the time ND plays USC, if both teams are undefeated still, Oregon will easily be ahead of ND in every poll. If all 4 top teams go undefeated the rest of the way, then it will be Alabama-Oregon in the title game.

I'm not so sure about this. I think Oregon and ND should've been rooting for USC this weekend. Both teams need that quality opponent on their schedule. If both Oregon and ND go undefeated the rest of the way, that means USC will have at least four losses, maybe five. Not exactly a quality opponent in terms of polls and strength of schedule. I think it would be Alabama-Kansas State. ND is going to drop significantly in the computers the next three weeks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).