#1 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:33 PM

Not sure if it's Bleacher Nation or my computer, but I was just redirected to another website 3 times from Bleacher Nation. Here is the website I was being redirected to:

http://seth.avazutra...game.teebik.com
- diehard fanclub member #002

#2 TWC

TWC

Hippie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 4,055 posts
  • Twitter:@thomaswconroy
  • LocationHMB, CA

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:44 PM

OOhh, Ace is gonna be PISSED.

#3 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts
  • Twitter:BleacherNation
  • Facebook:BleacherNation

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:56 PM

Very. Let's keep an eye on it to see if it happens to anyone else (to rule out the possibility of it being a computer thing). Thanks for letting me know.

#4 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

The weird thing is that link appears to be a dead one. Hasn't happened since I posted, though, so probably nothing to worry about.
- diehard fanclub member #002

#5 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

sounds like a case of the google redirect virus

#6 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Brett, I'm getting redirected to this site occasionally.
http://mmotraffic.co...subid=663979994
Didn't click on anything, it just took me there when I opened the Wrigley Renovation Watch article. It doesn't happen very often, and this is the first time it annoyed me enough to let you know. Should I clear my cache and hope for the best, or is this maybe a site thing?

#7 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 03:16 PM

Didn't click on anything, it just took me there when I opened the Wrigley Renovation Watch article. It doesn't happen very often, and this is the first time it annoyed me enough to let you know. Should I clear my cache and hope for the best, or is this maybe a site thing?

Grumble. And sorry. That one is definitely an ad, as opposed to a possible virus-type issue. I didn't approve any redirect ads (obviously they are absurdly annoying), so I'll have to look into it. In the interim, clearing your cache may actually help (because you'd be served different ads).

When has it happened before? Same circumstances? Same type of site? How long ago? How frequently? (sorry for the avalanche of questions)

#8 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

Grumble. And sorry. That one is definitely an ad, as opposed to a possible virus-type issue. I didn't approve any redirect ads (obviously they are absurdly annoying), so I'll have to look into it. In the interim, clearing your cache may actually help (because you'd be served different ads).

When has it happened before? Same circumstances? Same type of site? How long ago? How frequently? (sorry for the avalanche of questions)

No big deal, just giving you the head's up. I was sure pretty sure it wasn't a virus because of my firewall and Kapersky killing everything that tries to harm my laptop.
It's been pretty much the same circumstances, and I'm pretty sure it's been for the same thing everytime it happens. It's maybe the third or fourth time and it's not happening very often (once a week, nothing further back than a month ago?). I cleared my cache and tried visiting several different pages on the front of the site, and got nothing. Sorry for not being more specific, but like I said, it's not happening with any regularity or through any pattern of activity. I'll pay closer attention if it happens again.

#9 Brett

Brett

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 3,642 posts

Posted 16 November 2012 - 05:57 PM

Thanks, and sorry again. It's likely that it's just a lame ad in the rotation for the last month, and it doesn't show up for folks very often (and probably doesn't show up for very many folks, either). You must just like fantasy games. (I kid.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).