Bleacher Nation is on Facebook, and you should totally "Like" us:

Bleacher Nation is also on Twitter, and you should totally follow us:

Upcoming Calendar Events

There are no forthcoming calendar events

Today's birthdays

No members are celebrating a birthday today

Photo

What do you guys think about this article: Marlins trade is a baseball tragedy, and Bud Selig deserves his share of blame

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Cerambam

Cerambam

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Twitter:cerambam1736
  • Facebook:michael Anthony

Posted 14 November 2012 - 10:00 PM

Some pretty damning information i was rather surprised, just wanna hear everyones thoughts. Knew it all along, surprised, whatever?

#2 Tommy

Tommy

Bleacher Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationPekin, IL

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:01 AM

Did I write it? I've already given my rant opinion on the front boards on that whole debacle, but was there supposed to be a link to the article included perchance?
- diehard fanclub member #002

#3 King Jeff

King Jeff

King of all Cubs fans!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,478 posts
  • Twitter:@peaceknuckle
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 15 November 2012 - 06:18 AM

I haven't read the phantom article, but I've lived in the Miami area for the last 7 years and have had a front row seat to the baseball debacle down here. Selig deserves a hell of a lot more of the blame than he's getting right now. If nothing else comes of it, at the least I think it's going to be quite a long time until Miami attracts any star free agents, and the way that they handle things may cause problems with getting their own guys to re-sign.

Is this the article you speak of?

#4 hansman1982

hansman1982

King Regent of The Calendar Trivia Empire

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,939 posts
  • Twitter:JoeHansman
  • LocationDes Moines, IA

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:37 AM

I just don't understand why baseball allows such a shitty owner in Miami. With the sheer number of latin/caribbean immigrants you would think Selig would want someone like the Dodgers group/Steinbrenners/etc... down there to continue to pump baseball into that part of the world.

#5 Fishin Phil

Fishin Phil

Wally Pipp of Cubs Calendar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 15 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

We should send Crane Kenney to Miami. He could straighten them out.

:devil horns:
Please don't feed the psychos.

#6 fromthemitten

fromthemitten

sleeps in too late to answer the calendar trivia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,471 posts
  • Twitter:fromthemitten
  • Locationin a van down by the river

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:16 PM

I think my favorite part of this whole debacle is that Jeffrey Loria ate all by himself at lunch at the Winter Meetings:
http://www.nypost.co...ent=More Sports

Though the New York Post is basically a greasy gossip tabloid rag

#7 Rated Rookie

Rated Rookie

Bleacher Bum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 171 posts
  • Twitter:@Frankieaaron

Posted 16 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

If you think abiout it, the Cubs and Marlins are the absolute polar opposites in major league baseball. If MLB were a corporation, and the Cubs and Marlins were employees:

Cubs: Middle aged, hard worker. He watches all of his colleagues pass him on their way up the latter. God knows he tries. he's good enough to keep his job, but not good enough to advance, and he's beginning to accept it. He just hopes he can survive until retirement.

Marlins: The wunder-kind. He's all or nothing. Straight out of college, he took the short road to the top. As soon as things arent going his way, he throws a fit and shuts down. However, he always manages to pull himself up and dust himself off, racking up promotions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bleacher Nation is not affiliated in any way with Major League Baseball or the Chicago National League Ballclub (that's the Cubs).